Question Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite v2 doesn't boot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2022
For some reason my Gigabyte Aorus Elite v2 mobo doesn't want to boot.

History what i have done:

Mobo didnt want to boot with Ryzen 5600x so i suggest that bios is outdated.
I have downloaded new bios(version 17), renamed bios file to GIGABYTE.bin and moved it to the root of formatted FAT32 usb flash drive.
I put it in a q flash plus slot and then press q flash plus button (no cpu / gpu/ ram, PSU is on, motherboard is turned off).
There was some light blinking on MoBo, than Mobo turned on, fans starts working. It was still blinking around 5 minutes, after that it turned off(both MoBo and blinking, light on usb flash drive also was gone), at this point i suggest it had installed new BIOS.

Behaviour:

After that i tried to turn on MoBo, also with/without CPU/GPU/RAM, every time i got the same result:

• no video output to monitor
  • fans(cpu/gpu) are working
  • light on motherboard are not working
  • cpu is cold
  • speaker doesnt give any signal (speaker is not build in i have connected it separately)

P.S. PSU for motherboard and cpu are connected, PSU / GPU / RAM was tested on other setup, CPU wasn't.

Full spec:

RAM: G.Skill DDR4-3000 16384MB PC4-24000 (Kit of 2x8192) Ripjaws V (F4-3000C15D-16GVRB)
MoBo: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite v2
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: Palit GF RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 GamingPro V1 (NE63070019P2-1041A) (LHR), also tried with some 1060 videocard
PSU:
Chieftec CTG-750C
Chieftec Force CPS-500S

Thanks

Last edited:
For some reason my Gigabyte Aorus Elite v2 mobo doesn't want to boot.

History what i have done:

Mobo didnt want to boot with Ryzen 5600x so i suggest that bios is outdated.
I have downloaded new bios(version 17), renamed bios file to GIGABYTE.bin and moved it to the root of formatted FAT32 usb flash drive.
I put it in a q flash plus slot and then press q flash plus button (no cpu / gpu/ ram, PSU is on, motherboard is turned off).
There was some light blinking on MoBo, than Mobo turned on, fans starts working. It was still blinking around 5 minutes, after that it turned off(both MoBo and blinking, light on usb flash drive also was gone), at this point i suggest it had installed new BIOS.

Behaviour:

After that i tried to turn on MoBo, also with/without CPU/GPU/RAM, every time i got the same result:

• no video output to monitor
  • fans(cpu/gpu) are working
  • light on motherboard are not working
  • cpu is cold
  • speaker doesnt give any signal (speaker is not build in i have connected it separately)
P.S. PSU for motherboard and cpu are connected, PSU / GPU / RAM was tested on other setup, CPU wasn't.

Full spec:

RAM: G.Skill DDR4-3000 16384MB PC4-24000 (Kit of 2x8192) Ripjaws V (F4-3000C15D-16GVRB)
MoBo: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite v2
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: Palit GF RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 GamingPro V1 (NE63070019P2-1041A) (LHR), also tried with some 1060 videocard
PSU:
Chieftec CTG-750C
Chieftec Force CPS-500S

Thanks
have you tried to do qflash plus while all the components are on the motherboard? i've read on some old thread that sometimes using all components on board does make it work somehow, using the same qflash, even if it's not instructed ti,

or do you have tried to clear cmos after qflash plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.