[SOLVED] Gigabyte B550 GAMING X vs Asus PRIME B550M-A Wi-Fi vs MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA for a 5800X?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2841972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2841972

Hello,

Gigabyte B550 GAMING X's price is low right now, should I go for it and use it with a 5800X?
I can also get an Asus PRIME B550M-A Wi-Fi or MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA.
The prices are very close and it is going to be my last decision.

Solution
@Djoza In the past, some people said that if I am going to get a cheap B550 motherboard for a 5800X, I will face with some problems but I don't know what are those. Do you have some ideas about it?
Possibly because of the poor VRM.
But if you dont plan to OC this cpu, you are all fine.
D

Deleted member 2841972

All 3 would need a BIOS update for your 5800X.
I think that means I won't be able to use it without updating BIOS. But do I need another AMD CPU which I can plug that into the motherboard and then update the BIOS or is there a way to do that without another CPU? I am going to get that from Amazon TR, I don't think that I can update its BIOS with finding another AMD CPU.

Reactions: Dj0gany
I think that means I won't be able to use it without updating BIOS. But do I need another AMD CPU which I can plug that into the motherboard and then update the BIOS or is there a way to do that without another CPU? I am going to get that from Amazon TR, I don't think that I can update its BIOS with finding another AMD CPU.
"I think that means I won't be able to use it without updating BIOS "
Correct.
I am only aware of GIGABYTE's Q Flash Plus button, which lets you update the BIOS without having a CPU or RAM installed, but they only have it for their AORUS lineup.
Gaming X is not from that lineup.
One thing you can check is if your local pc shop has a 3rd gen ryzen cpu, so they can update the BIOS for you.

D

Deleted member 2841972

"I think that means I won't be able to use it without updating BIOS "
Correct.
I am only aware of GIGABYTE's Q Flash Plus button, which lets you update the BIOS without having a CPU or RAM installed, but they only have it for their AORUS lineup.
Gaming X is not from that lineup.
One thing you can check is if your local pc shop has a 3rd gen ryzen cpu, so they can update the BIOS for you.
If the Gaming X version has no update BIOS button which let us make the update without a CPU or RAM, I would prefer to get another motherboard that has this feature. Does the other motherboards that I mentinoned has this feature, any of them?

D

Deleted member 2841972

It would be really better for me if I would get that cheaper Gigabyte. I would have a chance to change my PSU too, or maybe get a better cooling, etc. What would happen if I would use that cheap Gigabyte B550M-S2H with 5800X?

D

Deleted member 2841972

@Djoza In the past, some people said that if I am going to get a cheap B550 motherboard for a 5800X, I will face with some problems but I don't know what are those. Do you have some ideas about it?