Question Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro-P Micro-ATX - Black screen loop ?

warrafug

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this or a similar issue and if so, has been able to resolve it.

After successfully installing the OS and getting the machine to a stable state I did the following,

I disabled CSM support, set secure boot mode to custom and updated the Platform Key (PK) - hit save and exit

Now I'm stuck in a black screen of death boot loop.

Worst thing is that my CPU does not have integrated graphics so I'm unable to diagnose how i usually do.
I've removed the NVMe, isolated the memory and swapped out the GPU to no avail.

SYS SPECS,
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
MEM: 32GB G.Skill F4-3200C16D-32GVK
MOBO: Gigabyte B550M AORUS PRO-P Micro-A
GPU: Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti
SSD: 500GB Sabrent SB-ROCKET-NVMe4

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this or a similar issue and if so, has been able to resolve it.

After successfully installing the OS and getting the machine to a stable state I did the following,

I disabled CSM support, set secure boot mode to custom and updated the Platform Key (PK) - hit save and exit

Now I'm stuck in a black screen of death boot loop.

Worst thing is that my CPU does not have integrated graphics so I'm unable to diagnose how i usually do.
I've removed the NVMe, isolated the memory and swapped out the GPU to no avail.

SYS SPECS,
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
MEM: 32GB G.Skill F4-3200C16D-32GVK
MOBO: Gigabyte B550M AORUS PRO-P Micro-A
GPU: Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti
SSD: 500GB Sabrent SB-ROCKET-NVMe4

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Your Windows were most probably installed in CSM/Legacy BIOS mode, disk formatted in MBR and not GPT mode and not UEFI,

warrafug

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
Your Windows were most probably installed in CSM/Legacy BIOS mode, disk formatted in MBR and not GPT mode and not UEFI,

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply.

I can appreciate that being the case, but would it explain not being able to boot into the BIOS while the NVMe is removed? I have no display at all.

warrafug

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
Have you reset the BIOS (manual method) to its default state and then tried to start the system?

Hi COLGeek

Thanks for your reply.

Yea I have. Attempted the following recovery processes,

Reset BIOS by removing the CMOS – waited 5-10minutes
Reset BIOS via bridging the jumper pins

Both failed to recover they BIOS

I attempted to update the BIOS using the Q-Flash method by downloading the latest release from the product page (Link) formatting an 8GB USB 2.0 to FAT32, renaming the file to GIGABYTE.bin, inserting it into the Q-Flash USB port and pressing the Q-Flash button.

The LED indicator flashes orange slowly for about 1:30min and then stops.

Will try with a different USB once I'm home.

System still non-responsive.

Open to any and all suggestions

warrafug

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
I managed to fish out a really old 4GB USB 2.0 flash disk – did a long format to FAT32 and copied the BIOS files across.

That was the trick, flashed the BIOS via QFLASH and the system is up and running 😊

Cheers and thank you!

waRra

Sep 7, 2021
I managed to fish out a really old 4GB USB 2.0 flash disk – did a long format to FAT32 and copied the BIOS files across.

That was the trick, flashed the BIOS via QFLASH and the system is up and running 😊

Cheers and thank you!

waRra
I’m having this same issue and don’t understand what this means just dumb it down a little, thanks