[SOLVED] Gigabyte B550M AORUS PRO-P, or Gigabyte B550 Gaming X ?

bazz5313

Honorable
Oct 27, 2018
I am getting Ryzen 5 5600x , 16gb 3200mhz Ram, GTX 6GB 1660 SUPER. 2 Mobo's I am possibly looking at are Gigabyte B550M AORUS PRO-P, or Gigabyte B550 Gaming X.

Not sure if one is far superior to the other (about £20 price difference). Did look a the G/byte B550M Elite (cheapest and I read it was entry level?), and also had a look art the G/byte X570 Gaming X (but is quite a bit more expensive so is probably going outside my budget).
Would appreciate if anyone could advise any major pro's or con's for the PRO-P or Gaming X? Have to opt for Gigabyte mobo's due to website I am buying from.

Many thanks.

Solution
I have not seen any reviews of the Pro-P yet, but it looks very promising. It has DrMOS VRM, which should run cooler, and give you more options for overclocking. Also, it has 2.5G network, more USB ports and better audio setup. The original B550M Aorus Pro (without P) was not very good. But the new P version looks like a mATX version of the ATX B550 Aorus Pro, which was very well reviewed.

SysBuff

Reputable
May 21, 2020
I have not seen any reviews of the Pro-P yet, but it looks very promising. It has DrMOS VRM, which should run cooler, and give you more options for overclocking. Also, it has 2.5G network, more USB ports and better audio setup. The original B550M Aorus Pro (without P) was not very good. But the new P version looks like a mATX version of the ATX B550 Aorus Pro, which was very well reviewed.

Solution