[SOLVED] GIGABYTE B550M AORUS PRO

Sep 3, 2020
Hello all,
So I have a few problems an questions I would like to ask.
  1. After installing my motherboard my PC seems to be working fine, I havent had a chance to really test it out yet, but I've noticed that when it is in sleep mode all day and I get home, my pc is turned off. What's strange is when I press the keyboard the keyboard lights flash for a split second then turn off despite the system being off. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my mobo or psu but all I have to do is just power on my pc and it starts back up. Not a serious problem but just want to know why it wont resume from sleep mode when I press the keys.
  2. I did a fresh install of windows after installing the mobo and it worked perfectly fine. No need to purchase a new copy of windows 10 despite the new mobo installation. From what I read online, it should have had me purchase a new windows 10 and I am now wondering if there are still drivers from my old mobo on my pc that could be causing the problem above.
I'm pretty good on the hardware end of things but it's the software troubleshooting that really stumps me. Thanks!

Solution
I wonder if Windows is validating through a microsoft account. It should find no left-over drivers or anything if you did a fresh install as it would have deleted all old partions on the system drive and created new ones. If you did something less than that you should go back and do it again. Make backups and don't try to save anything as it will just mess up Windows with all-new hardware. You probably don't want that if you don't like the software troubleshooting.

Sleep has never worked what I consider 'right'. But I've noticed that it doesn't respond to keyboard or mouse for me either; I have to press the power button to wake it up. Doesn't bother me, and it probably eliminates nuisance wake ups for people with curious cats...
I wonder if Windows is validating through a microsoft account. It should find no left-over drivers or anything if you did a fresh install as it would have deleted all old partions on the system drive and created new ones. If you did something less than that you should go back and do it again. Make backups and don't try to save anything as it will just mess up Windows with all-new hardware. You probably don't want that if you don't like the software troubleshooting.

Sleep has never worked what I consider 'right'. But I've noticed that it doesn't respond to keyboard or mouse for me either; I have to press the power button to wake it up. Doesn't bother me, and it probably eliminates nuisance wake ups for people with curious cats wandering about!

Solution