Question Gigabyte B560 posts but there is a red vga light after monitor change ?

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
Hello,

My Pc specs are in signature.
About a week ago I changed monitor from AOC C24G1 to the MSI 251Rx.
With the first monitor everything worked fine. After change, and about a couple after tryig to set new monitor , installing ICC , setting the right frequency, setting color depth to 10 bits , I noticed that VGA light is red . Everything else works fine , I mean GC , CPU , windows , everything performs as expected .
I noticed olso that light goes off whenever I restart windows. But is back on when I start it from OFF status.

I never use off button to shut off the monitor . It shuts at his own when I log off . I use display port. User mode . 240hz . No HDR . fw 019 . 10 bits . the ICC from MSI official site.

This never happened with my older monitor.

An other thing I noticed about this monitor is that it takes time to detect signal and starts. it does that by the time windows shows my desktop. My older screen used to start when bios screen was on. I ve seen in forums that other people have this but none had my problem.

Thats it .

What do you think about it ?

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
Is the monitor connected to the gpu or motherboard?
To the GPU

Problems is solved I think

Now I tried to use HDMI cable instead and problem disappeared
Tried the other DP on my GC and it works fine.
I went back to the first DP , and no red VGA aymore , even startup is fast and I can see Bios screen
I reinstalled same custom ICC profile from MSI site , enabled 10 bits , 240Hz again , the problem didnt reproduce

I think It was triggered by the monitor change, and swapping port reinitialized things back to default

Thank you .

Reactions: helpstar