Question Gigabyte B650M Gaming Plus WiFi - Speeds really slow.

bobothewizard

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
One last question on this motherboard, i swear :)

I am unsure how else to fix this but the download speeds are pretty bad on this new PC build. I have updated all the drivers, connection the two antennas in the back and flashed the bios all to the newest versions. As I am typing this i can see a game i am downloading in the background is only getting about 13 meg / sec download speed. Now compare this to my xbox which gets around 140 or so. The only difference is I am a little bit further away from the router, but only maybe 40 feet but I cannot see that making that much of a difference?

Question is for folks that have some experience with this mother board is there some tricks or tips that I should know about that would fix this?

Looks like the wifi card on the board is a Realtek 8852CE WiFi 6E PCI-E NIC

Maybe its the game im downloading. I ran a speed test and im showing 110 meg upload and 40 meg download so maybe it is working ok.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Maybe its the game im downloading. I ran a speed test and im showing 110 meg upload and 40 meg download so maybe it is working ok.
If Speedtest on your desktop while on the WiFi is that, then yes it's possible it's the server off of which you're sourcing the game(s) from. You could try and download something using Chrome and see if the speeds reflect the same as Speedtest.