[SOLVED] Gigabyte B660M DS3H & Kingston HyperX Predator OC ?

adarisbo

Reputable
Dec 31, 2018
Hello, everyone.

I have a Gigabyte B660M DS3H motherboard and two 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator RAM modules.

In my old motherboard I used to be able to get the RAM frequency up to 3500Mhz or so without any issues.

Ever since I got this new motherboard and a new processor, I can't get anywhere past 2400Mhz or the PC won't boot.

The motherboard manual says it can support up to 5333Mhz in OC. I know that's usually overstated and that it depends on the manufacturer and memory type, but 2400Mhz on a 4000Mhz memory sounds way too little.

When OC-ing, I just set the memory clock and leave all the rest on auto. I've also tried using both XMP and none of them worked.

Am I doing some wrong? Is there any way to fix this other than getting a better motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

adarisbo

Reputable
Dec 31, 2018
Your memory is listed in the qvl listing, odd that you are having a problem. What happens if you use just one stick of ram can you change the speed?

Thanks a lot!

Changing the modules from slots 1 and 3 to 2 and 4 fixed it. They're running fine at XMP 1 (3500Mhz) now.

No idea why that happened though, and I'm embarrassed for not trying that earlier.