Question Gigabyte BIOS issues - where is PMIC voltages option?

Aug 8, 2023
Good Evening All,

Ive been looking at squeezing the 6400mhz from my Corsair vengeance memory. I'm running a AMD 7700X with a AM5 DDR5 Gigabyte B650 Aero G. The system keeps crashing in XMP so I'm looking at doing this:

View: https://youtu.be/1KZFeE-o3jo

Only problem is a can't find the PMIC voltages equivalent option on the Gigabyte BIOS. Does anyone know what the equivalent is or know a better way of achieving a stable system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Matt.

Last edited:
651122_20220503_163629.jpg

651123_20220503_163641.jpg

Hotrod2go

Prominent
Jun 12, 2023
Is the bios up to date? are you aware the new AGESA 1.0.07b allows for higher DDR5 clocks? I also have a Giga B650 board & Corsair XMP 5600 ram, ran XMP dead easy on first boot with everything on auto.
I just love how AM5 development gets better & better. :)

Aug 8, 2023
Is the bios up to date? are you aware the new AGESA 1.0.07b allows for higher DDR5 clocks? I also have a Giga B650 board & Corsair XMP 5600 ram, ran XMP dead easy on first boot with everything on auto.
I just love how AM5 development gets better & better. :)
Yeh recently updated it but it's unstable when I'm running stress tests. I have 6400 32gb, I used to have a MSi tomahawk b650 and it was the same thing

Reactions: Hotrod2go
its possible that your bios has it disabled on your B650 mobo, could be unstable so its hidden from user configuration

Z690 AERO G:
GIGABYTE-Z690-AERO-G-BIOS-6.jpg

GIGABYTE-Z690-AERO-G-BIOS-7.jpg

but just looking from pictures, XMP needs to be probably enabled and autobooster greyed out/disabled

Aug 8, 2023
its possible that your bios has it disabled on your B650 mobo, could be unstable so its hidden from user configuration

Z690 AERO G:
GIGABYTE-Z690-AERO-G-BIOS-6.jpg

GIGABYTE-Z690-AERO-G-BIOS-7.jpg

but just looking from pictures, XMP needs to be probably enabled and autobooster greyed out/disabled

Damn looks like you're right. Well it looks like the $200 odd i saved on the top of the range has bitten me in the arse. Looks like i'll have to watch a few videos on enabling XMP and manual downing the MHz of the memory. I have been looking and have found that Linus TT did a review on Memory and found that G Skill do a 5600MHz CL28 combo that seems to perform quite well on the AM5 platform. I just have to wait from them to come into stock!

Hotrod2go

Prominent
Jun 12, 2023
Damn looks like you're right. Well it looks like the $200 odd i saved on the top of the range has bitten me in the arse. Looks like i'll have to watch a few videos on enabling XMP and manual downing the MHz of the memory. I have been looking and have found that Linus TT did a review on Memory and found that G Skill do a 5600MHz CL28 combo that seems to perform quite well on the AM5 platform. I just have to wait from them to come into stock!
That's an Intel platform in those pics, the naming conventions in Gigabytes bios for current gen AMD boards is different. Don't get confused by this, you need to find the "tweaker" tab by pressing F7 to get into advanced mode.

Last edited:

Hotrod2go

Prominent
Jun 12, 2023
You won't happen to know what the naming convention for AMD is by any chance?
You said in your original post you use a Gigabyte B650 Aero G board, my board is B650 Aorus Elite so the terms they use are going to be the same. Have you gone to advanced menu options by pressing F7 like I indicated in my post above? that's the only way your going to access control over DDR voltage options.

I'd post a pic of my bios options but I don't use 3rd party services to host images on forums.

Edit: sorry, mean't F2 to access advanced mode.

Last edited:

lolvatveo

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
it will have a voltage option for the ram somewhere. try mess with both vdd0 or vddq voltage, 1,1v is ddr5 voltage.

TRENDING THREADS