Gigabyte BIOS update killed my pc

steve1493

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
Everything was working excellently after building my PC. Then the AORUS download software told me that I needed to do a BIOS update from F2 to F3. So of course I selected update. Update went smoothly, and it told me to restart my PC. My pc will now no longer boot up at all. I can get into BIOS but it won’t go past bios. It just restarts itself over and over again. Did this update just kill my pc and how can I fix it?

I have an X299 AORUS ULTRA GAMING motherboard.
Intel Core i9-7900X CPU
32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM 3466MHz

Solution
You should have a record of any non-default BIOS option settings prior to flashing the BIOS as all BIOS options are returned to default values.

For example:
Many users would use the Disable UEFI CSM and use the UEFI BIOS boot process only setting which is not a default setting.

CSM Support
Enables or disables UEFI CSM (Compatibility Support Module) to support a legacy PC boot process.
[Enabled] Enables UEFI CSM. (Default)
[Disabled] Disables UEFI CSM and supports UEFI BIOS boot process only.
You should have a record of any non-default BIOS option settings prior to flashing the BIOS as all BIOS options are returned to default values.

For example:
Many users would use the Disable UEFI CSM and use the UEFI BIOS boot process only setting which is not a default setting.

CSM Support
Enables or disables UEFI CSM (Compatibility Support Module) to support a legacy PC boot process.
[Enabled] Enables UEFI CSM. (Default)
[Disabled] Disables UEFI CSM and supports UEFI BIOS boot process only.

Solution

gary.price63

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017

Hi I have the same issue built PC loaded O/S & Drivers then rebooted multiple times then updated BIOS to F6 now wont go past bios screen keeps rebooting
ant answers would be welcome

ryuudavi0

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017

AORUS X299 Gaming 3
Intel i7-7740X
Samsung 960 PRO 512 GB SSD
32 GB G.Skill - Ripjaw V-series DDR4-2400 RAM

I'm having the same issue with the F6 BIOS. My desktop was working just fine until I foolishly decided to install the updates my computer was recommending from Gigabyte thru the Ap Center.

So please, if anyone can provide a solution to this problem.