Question Gigabyte Brix bare-bones Cmos battery replacement

Rshwin2

Prominent
Jul 10, 2023
Hello all, I believe I need a Cmos battery replacement for a Gigabyte GB-BRi5h-8250 rev.1 bare bones computer. All it has on it is the number 1014.17 I have went to a few computer repair stores and Bulbs and Battery shops but I am having no success. Does anyone know the manufacture or a source for such a thing?

Ralston18

Titan
The commonly used CMOS battery is the CR2032.

Are you able to open up the computer's case and check the motherboard to determine what battery is installed?

Check the motherboard's User Guide/Manual: the required battery number should be listed therein.

Rshwin2

Prominent
Jul 10, 2023
Well it's a Gigabyte Brix they're smaller than a cigar box and can mount on the back of a monitor. And even though they come bare bones the Mobo info is fairly scant on them. Outside of having suggested parts lists SSD, Ram, M2 cards that are known to work well with them, and the drivers to instal... there is not much else than that available on the computers at the website. Is the CR2032 a normal sized Cmos battery or a micro sized Cmos battery? Because I need the micro sized one for the brix unit.