Gigabyte Builds First Mini-ITX GTX 970 Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBound

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Wondering if it will work on a 450W PSU. In that case it might be time to replace the 750ti I have in my mini ITX box.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
While this much gfx power in this small package is impressive, last year, Asus built a mini gtx 670, which has a tdp of 170w, 5w more than the gtx 980. I want to see a mini gtx 980 with decent thermals.

toadhammer

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
Placement might be fussy. Don't see any vents on connector plate, so all the hot goes out the back edge. Don't want it all recirculating back to the intake. Nice though.

The_Icon

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
I never imagined you could make such a powerful high end GPU this small. This is the coolest thing I saw from Maxwell so far.

Seems like Intel and Nvidia have joined hands to throw AMD out of business lol (no offense!).
EasyLover, my best guess would be the Rx 300 series with GDDR6 memory, based on DDR4, but it seems like too far off. FM3 is said to support DDR4 as well but it has been pushed to '16 (according to reports).

Honestly speaking, one should support AMD simply because of competition. Without competition Intel and nVIDIA would create hell of a monopoly against which competition is a must and AMD is to reckon with.

Their R9 series was a success and AMD should built upon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.