Question Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5: motherboard/backplate mismatch ?

jhsachs

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
I'm building a system with a Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5, and I'm looking for a backplate for it.

My problem is that I've found multiple vendors selling what they claim to be backplates for the Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5, and they both look slightly different from the the one my board needs.

Take a look at the pictures in one vendor's listing. The rear connectors shown on the right look exactly like my board's. The backplate on the left looks just like the other ones I found for sale, and it does not match the motherboard.

Numbering the columns of connectors from left to right and listing the connectors from bottom to top, the backplate has a square hole suitable for a RJ45 connector above a round hole for an RCA connector. The motherboard has an RCA connector but nothing above it.

In #3, the backplate has three equally spaced rectangular holes (the top one occupied by a knockout). The motherboard has a DP connector and two USB 2.0's, but the space between the DP and the lower USB is greater than the space between the two USB's.

In #4, the board's upper connector is aligned with #3's middle connector. The backplate is the same, but since its column 3 connectors are differently spaced than the board's the column 4 connectors are too. The backplate also has three holes (the top one with a knockout), while the board has only two.

What am I to make of this? Are there variants of G1.Sniper 5 with different connectors?