Question Gigabyte g32qc (non A version). Any issues with nvidia cards since it has no gsync module and not listed as actually compatible?

Aug 8, 2022
I am finishing my build as follows and I would like to know if this monitor would make any kind of issues since it has all the good points except the gsync module.

I can also get it for a direct importer for $356. I am currently in Argentina and there is not as much availability.

My other choices without the Gsync module would be these 2 which also are from less reputable vendors

• Gigabyte G32qc A which has a few more perks including the pro version of freesync instead of the vanilla version but costs $475
  • Samsung Oddysey G5 which I read many reviews stating it is inferior to the gigabyte one for $427
The 2 choices I can get with gsync are

• an lg model costing 3 times as much (yes 3 times)
  • a viewsonic model costing 5 times as much( yes 5 times)
So My question is if I actually would see any issues or if anyone experience any issues with the G32qc (non A) or if there is anything else I have to worry about this monitor because for the price it really feels like a great deal and has a lot of awesome features only lacking the module.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4R7zXy

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black 82.51 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE AX ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40 Memory
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital WDS100T1XHE w/Heatsink 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Palit GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB GameRock Video Card
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair HX1200 Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro OEM 64-bit
Monitor: Gigabyte G32QC 31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz Curved Monitor

Thank you in advance.

Aug 8, 2022
there would be no issues with using the monitor.

it not being G-Sync compatible or having a dedicated G-Sync module doesn't mean that it is not compatible in general, just that you won't be able to make use of G-Sync features in games.
Hello, thank you.

I expressed my question the wrong way. I meant if I would have any issues using freesync as I want to use it in lieu of gsync.

I meant if I would have any issues using freesync as I want to use it in lieu of gsync
G-Sync compatible means that it's a Freesync display that can make use of G-Sync features.
being non-compatible means that it can't.
so you will not be able not use G-Sync features in games.

you can double check Nvidia's G-Sync chart to verify if any display is considered compatible or not.

Aug 8, 2022
G-Sync compatible means that it's a Freesync display that can make use of G-Sync features.
being non-compatible means that it can't.
so you will not be able not use G-Sync features in games.

you can double check Nvidia's G-Sync chart to verify if any display is considered compatible or not.
Yes did that. I just don't get why a lot of forums and reviews list it as gsync compatible when nvidia themselves do not.

TRENDING THREADS