Gigabyte ga-78lmt-usb3 rev 5.0 motherboard systen fab header max amps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge Avitia

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
I have 2 Corsair fans with .40 A draw and one Cooler Master fan with .16 A draw. The manual for my mother board does not quote the amps on the system fan header. I would like to connect these 3 fans to the only fan header available on my mother board. These 3 fans add up to .96 A which is right below 1 amp of what most mother board should have. However I do not know for sure if my motherboards fan header actually have max 1 amp. Thanks!

ga-78lmt-usb3 rev 5.0

Solution
These 3 fans add up to .96 A
if I were you, will just connect the two Corsair fans with the Y splitter cable into the fan header, and connect other one with other adapter into the PSU, because if the fan runs at high speed, they will draw more power so that you may get problem, I mean the fans will kill the fan header and the MB.
These 3 fans add up to .96 A
if I were you, will just connect the two Corsair fans with the Y splitter cable into the fan header, and connect other one with other adapter into the PSU, because if the fan runs at high speed, they will draw more power so that you may get problem, I mean the fans will kill the fan header and the MB.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.