hahakko

Prominent
Oct 17, 2020
Hi. It's my first time posting here and I really hope you guys could help me.

So my Brother gave me a Zotac RTX 2060 6gb as a gift, a huge upgrade for my GT 210 1gb, but idk if it's compatible with my pc.
I have a:

intel i3-2100
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 (rev. 2.0)
8gb RAM 2x4gb
600w True rated PSU

I have searched the web for answers and I found out that I need to update my BIOS with F10b version.
Will it support RTX cards?

Thank you in advance.

PS:
I'm really afraid to test the card and worried I might damaged it.
I know it will be a huge bottleneck but I really don't have the money yet for an upgrade.
And I'm really excited on using it. :D I really wish I could use it for now until I get an upgrade.

Solution
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I'll try to install it but not today. I still need my pc for my homework. :1

Also for my PSU, its a Korean power supply brand: PowerFul (P-FUL PF600PW)

That's a horrible quality PSU. I'd be actually a lot more afraid from that.

It's a 288W actually, complete junk... change it ASAP if you want to use your system with the 2060. It'll be fine for checking if the GPU works, but I wouldn't try doing anything more.

Getting a decent quality PSU would be the very first thing to do... 550W would be sufficient for eventual platform upgrades.

hahakko

Prominent
Oct 17, 2020
You won't damage anything... try it, otherwise you won't actually find out if it works or not.

Also, what's the exact model of that PSU... 600W doesn't tell me anything.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I'll try to install it but not today. I still need my pc for my homework. :1

It's a 288W actually, complete junk... change it ASAP if you want to use your system with the 2060. It'll be fine for checking if the GPU works, but I wouldn't try doing anything more.

Getting a decent quality PSU would be the very first thing to do... 550W would be sufficient for eventual platform upgrades.

Solution

hahakko

Prominent
Oct 17, 2020

I see I see. What PSU would u recommend?
I might save up and get a new one before installing my GPU then.

Depends on availability in your country, but these would be what I'll recommend:

Corsair: RMx or TXM
Seasonic: Focus GX/GM
Superflower: Leadex II/III
EVGA: SuperNOVA G2/G3
Antec: HCG Gold, EAG Pro

More affordable units:

Corsair: CX(2017)
Antec: Neo Eco M Gold

Check out this PSU tier list too... you'll find more options there:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-tier-list-psucultists.3624094/

Don't go below Tier B.

Last edited: