Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2PT BIOS not showing up.

megajehanzaib

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Ok guys so i just bought a new pc and noticed something odd. In the user manual of my motherboard (GA-H81M-S2PT), it's written that upon powering up the computer, there will be a BIOS screen as most other computers too. But when i start my computer, the Bios screen does not show up, instead my monitor gives me text saying no signal, and then the windows logo pops up and windows starts as usual. My question is that why is the BIOS screen now showing up at all and should i be worried?

P.S: according to the manual, you have to press the DELETE key in order to setup the BIOS when I pressed the DEL key (at the time when my monitor was giving no signal), the monitor remained at no singal for 10 mins untill i decided to restart the PC by the button on the case

norsestar

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
Your monitor probably doesn't support the 1280x1024 UEFI BIOS screen resolution. On normal startup, Windows takes over and sets a mode it does support and you see the logo and everything is fine after that. When you hit DELETE, it dropped you into the BIOS menu and sat there waiting for you to do something but the monitor couldn't display it and just said "No signal" when it should have said something like "Unsuppored resolution".

Do you have a different monitor you can try? Or can you hook up via VGA? I'm guessing you're using a TV as a monitor and connecting through HDMI...

megajehanzaib

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014

np .... btw if i run my PC on 1360x768... will i atleast be able to see some of the bios?

norsestar

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
Changing the resolution in Windows doesn't affect the resolution in BIOS. BIOS needs to display 1024 lines and your TV can only display 768 so I'm afraid you're out of luck. If it could display even a distorted image it should have done so already. Sorry.