Question Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Motherboard problems -maybe

sunnytoday

Commendable
Sep 26, 2019
I have a GigabyteGA-X58A-UD3R Motherboard that is behaving oddly - OR is is not the m/b at all and maybe the PSU or something else . Yes I know it is old and quirky at best .
Computer reboots , does not like to sleep anymore . If it does not start from cold , then two lights show to the right of the memory slots and almost all the way down ,1 orange and 1 green . Then after almost exactly 15 min it starts normally . Vga card is not hot , Any suggestions appreciated apart from get a new MB .

My x58 UDR3 is still running after all these years...knock on wood.

Please update with full pc specs including power supply.

I did replace my psu a few months ago as the original was 10 years old. If yours is old too I'd recommend replacing it as a first step. But it could be anything due to the age of the equipment.

Tsn2ruYb.jpg

Last edited:

sunnytoday

Commendable
Sep 26, 2019
Thank you for the PDF . Looking at the manual it still does not really impart any info to me , maybe I am just a bit slow . The diagram shows the light cluster I am interested in being both DDR phase LED and NB phase LED . At the moment , all running well , it has a single green LED lit in the cluster which looks like there are 7 LEDs . The board is a REV 1.0 board