[SOLVED] Gigabyte GAH97 Gaming 3 Motherboard won't boot with 4 ram sticks

Solution
The problem maybe as same as Blackaveli, but it could be from your RAM.
If those RAM are from different brands, or speed/timing, or kit, when you mix them, and you will or will not have the compatibility problem.
So check the cpu socket on the MB to see there are bent pin or not, also what are those RAM specifications?
If those RAM are from different brands, or speed/timing, or kit, when you mix them, and you will or will not have the compatibility problem.
So check the cpu socket on the MB to see there are bent pin or not, also what are those RAM specifications?

Solution
You would be better served if you would give the part number of the memory rather than 4 identical patriot's memory dimms.

Memory that has never been tested together by Patriot carries no guarantee for compatibility when combined with other memory regardless of whether it is identical according to you.

Powering on a CPU with no heatsink/fan can damage the CPU in a matter of seconds. That is what the YouTube video appears to show.

standardtoaster3

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
I'm not sure if this is applicable to your situation, but I had a Z170X-GAMING 3 that wouldn't boot with 4 sticks of RAM (Kingston HyperX Black 32GB 4X8 Kits 2666MHZ DDR4 Non ECC CL15 DIMM Qual Channel Memory HX426C15FBK4/32). The RAM kit was on the the motherboard's QVL (qualified vendor list) so I didn't think I'd have any compatibility issues.

The only way I could get my computer to boot and get into the BIOS was to use two sticks of RAM in slots 1 and 3 (check your motherboard for colour coding because the slots are usually coded for dual channel RAM configurations). Once the computer booted, I navigated to the memory section and changed my RAM's native operating frequency from 2666Mhz to 24000Mhz. I shut down, and reinstalled the other two sticks of RAM, and everything still booted so I could then proceed with installing the OS.

Hopefully this troubleshooting step helps.

Rojarrolla

Reputable
Nov 1, 2016

Yes some pins in the socket were bent! Thanks!