Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I WiFi doesnt work

Recoilex

Honorable
Nov 4, 2014
I just finished building a new computer (specs below) and the last thing I need is to get the WiFi working. Due to my living circumstances I can't connect this computer to the internet any other way besides wifi, so all I can do is download drivers off a laptop and send them over via flashdrive. The problem is that my wifi card, mentioned in the title, won't work after installing the driver. I made sure to download the windows 10 64bit version and it's identified in the device manager as Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless - AC 8260, but in the properties menu it says This device cannot start (code10). The card also has bluetooth connectivity, but that works fine. I'm not sure what to do about it.

Mobo- Asus z170 -A
CPU- i7 6700k
16GB RAM
Asus GTX 1070

Solution
For the sake of anyone else who ever has this problem, I will answer my own post. My solution was to install the windows 7 version of the driver in windows 7 compatibility mode, and in administrator mode for good measure.

Recoilex

Honorable
Nov 4, 2014
For the sake of anyone else who ever has this problem, I will answer my own post. My solution was to install the windows 7 version of the driver in windows 7 compatibility mode, and in administrator mode for good measure.

Solution
Jun 26, 2019
5 years later you answering your own question just answered mine. Thank you! And I am an idiot for not checking their site for the actual drivers.. Just saw the win 10 updated versions now.