[SOLVED] Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC 6G 49'C @ idle

Dec 7, 2020
Hi all,

My new Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC 6G is staying @ 49-50'C @ idle. When i first turn on the PC, the temps are much lower, like 32'C. After couple of minutes the GPU stabilize at the temps mentioned earlier. In load gaming or benchmarking GPU is stable @ arount 69-71'C. The GPU comes with this feature "3D Active Fan that provides semi-passive cooling, and the fans will remain off when the GPU is in a low load or low power game. It allows gamers to enjoy gameplay in complete silence when the system is running light or idle." So the fans starts cooling silently when the idle goes 50-51'C, then the GPU sets back to 48-49'C and the fans go off. Not sure if the idle temps are high or not. Could't find anything on Google at a first glance.

Solution
Nothing to worry about, it's exactly as it supposed to be.
Cold start is exactly that, temps are lower and just by logging to windows the GPU is used so the temps start to rise. Since your card has the function of shutting the fans off at lower temps, there is only passive cooling which is enough for most windows applications.

You are more than fine in my opinion but if you wish to be sure, check your system for malware, just to be cautious.
Cold start is exactly that, temps are lower and just by logging to windows the GPU is used so the temps start to rise. Since your card has the function of shutting the fans off at lower temps, there is only passive cooling which is enough for most windows applications.

You are more than fine in my opinion but if you wish to be sure, check your system for malware, just to be cautious.

Solution
Dec 7, 2020

I see. I did a scan with Malwarebytes and everything seems to be ok. Thank for replying man!