[SOLVED] Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Has Blinking White LEDs (Abnormal Power Supply)

Mockingbirch

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm putting together a new computer right now, and am using a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super as the graphics card. When attempting to boot the computer up for the first time, it powers on and the rest of the components (fans, pump, etc.) seem to be working normally, however the RTX has blinking white lights above the PCI connectors and there's no output to my monitor. My PSU is a Corsair CX500 which I recycled from my old PC, where it was fully functional. I know it's below recommended wattage for this video card and I plan to replace it, however, according to PC Part Picker my setup should only be drawing ~400W, and I think this should still allow the computer to at least boot to BIOS for the first time, shouldn't it? I've already tried fiddlig with the PCI cable contact as well as switching the 6 pin and 8 pin roles. At the moment, I'm stuck, and am wondering if the issue is inevitably with the PSU, or if there are any other factors to consider that I could try fixing. Full parts list is here if needed, appreciate any help available: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vwKNMc

Solution
Honestly, I wouldn't be pairing this PSU, of marginal quality, with a $500 GPU anyway. Remember, it's more like a 450W PSU since it's not really a modern PSU.