Question GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 TI-VISION OC 8G vs ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Trinity OC

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
In performens you wouldn't notice a difference at all. In cooling they will be almost the same.
If im not wrong the Gigabyte boosts 60Mhz more then the Zotac.
But in the end of the day - 3070Ti is a 3070Ti with very little differences between the brands.

Reactions: aymantarek436

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
Performance: draw.
Cooling: draw.

Just get the cheaper one..?

I have 3070Ti asus tuf and on max load - ~350W
With air cooler ~72-74The other 3070Ti wont be much different - maybe 1-2C difference and the power draw will be the same.
My other system is with 3080 Gigabyte gaming oc and yhe power draw is a bit more and the temps stays around 74-76⁰

Buy the cheaper one. But you should know that the power plugs on the Gigabyte are a bit weak and had issues in the begining.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
@aymantarek436
Performance: That's a draw.

Cooling: Without some side by side test samples, this isn't possible to answer.
1)Some cards have crap coolers, some have good coolers, and in between. This can't always be discerned visually.
2)Cards have different board power limits. Models with higher BPL have more heat to dissipate. Combined with Point 1... and you really can't tell which is better without testing these 2 under the same conditions.

It's unfortunate that TPU doesn't have confirmed bioses for the 2 cards in question, but it's just part of the puzzle...
Well, it's an unverified file, but this says the Vision OC has a BPL of 320w: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/241171/241171
The following is the bios for the Trinity non-OC: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/234759/zotac-rtx3070ti-8192-210509 (The OC version should be 10w or more higher than that.)
Even if we have an idea of the 2 models' power limits, how good the coolers are is still unknown.

Get the cheaper one..? Flip a coin?

But you should know that the power plugs on the Gigabyte are a bit weak and had issues in the begining.
Source?

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
@aymantarek436
Performance: That's a draw.

Cooling: Without some side by side test samples, this isn't possible to answer.
1)Some cards have crap coolers, some have good coolers, and in between. This can't always be discerned visually.
2)Cards have different board power limits. Models with higher BPL have more heat to dissipate. Combined with Point 1... and you really can't tell which is better without testing these 2 under the same conditions.

It's unfortunate that TPU doesn't have confirmed bioses for the 2 cards in question, but it's just part of the puzzle...
Well, it's an unverified file, but this says the Vision OC has a BPL of 320w: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/241171/241171
The following is the bios for the Trinity non-OC: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/234759/zotac-rtx3070ti-8192-210509 (The OC version should be 10w or more higher than that.)
Even if we have an idea of the 2 models' power limits, how good the coolers are is still unknown.

Get the cheaper one..? Flip a coin?

Source?
Youtube video, a few articles, and my own video card. That was 2 years ago so I assume they have fixed the problem.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Youtube video, a few articles, and my own video card. That was 2 years ago so I assume they have fixed the problem.
Wow... at least @7medd linked something of use. You couldn't even be bothered.
According to the video 7medd linked, your card is capable of ~30w more than the models the OP is asking about. They are not the same; the TUF has higher cooling needs than Vision OC and Trinity OC.

aymantarek436

Honorable
May 28, 2018
@Multyspeed @Phaaze88 @7medd
Thank you all guys for your replies it really helped me. I called the shop and it seems that the only one available is the ZOTAC. More importantly, they also told me that there is an offer on the AORUS Radeon™ RX 6900 XT GAMING OC 16G for $730 so no much difference between the 2 cards and I think that's a much better option. I will also create another thread for discussing which is better just to make sure. Thank you again!😊

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
Wow... at least @7medd linked something of use. You couldn't even be bothered.
According to the video 7medd linked, your card is capable of ~30w more than the models the OP is asking about. They are not the same; the TUF has higher cooling needs than Vision OC and Trinity OC.
Wont argue. I was at work and had e few minutes and try to help the best I could at the moment.
So the topic is closed for me. Have a great evening! :)

TRENDING THREADS