Question Gigabyte GN-WP01GS Work on windows 10

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
I have Gigabyte GN-WP01GS wireless card and don’t know which driver to download from gigabyte website for windows 10

At some point it might be easier to spend a small amount and buy a more modern card.

Going to be a challenge I suspect. You need to download drivers based on chipset. From what I can find that card uses rt2561 but it seems there are 2 chips.

Raklink was purchased by mediatek which makes things even harder. The mediatek site does not even list that chipset so you are stuck looking for drivers from other sites. It tends to be rather risky to download drivers from random sites but that maybe your only option.

That said the drivers may not exist. You might try 64bit drivers for windows 7 or something and maybe it will work. Be VERY careful where you download from. Best if you could find them on mediatek site

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
At some point it might be easier to spend a small amount and buy a more modern card.

Going to be a challenge I suspect. You need to download drivers based on chipset. From what I can find that card uses rt2561 but it seems there are 2 chips.

Raklink was purchased by mediatek which makes things even harder. The mediatek site does not even list that chipset so you are stuck looking for drivers from other sites. It tends to be rather risky to download drivers from random sites but that maybe your only option.

That said the drivers may not exist. You might try 64bit drivers for windows 7 or something and maybe it will work. Be VERY careful where you download from. Best if you could find them on mediatek site
It’s on gigabyte website but shows it doesn’t support windows 10. It came in a dell inspiron 530 have the the files but want to change to a amd motherboard so shall I just make an iso usb with the iso image on the dell pc and install it on the amd motherboard