Question GPU LEDs suddenly turned off but the GPU still works ?

blueskies75

Honorable
Nov 19, 2017
Hello, my Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4060 Gaming OC 8G GPU lights suddenly turned off. The GPU seems to be working fine anyways, but I would like to know if it's a hardware problem because it's still in warranty.

Usually, I have all my fans/MB leds off because I don't want a disco floor in my room, and I just use the led from the GPU in Intelligent mode for temp monitoring purposes.

Anyways, it worked fine for nearly a year since I bought the computer, having Armoury Crate and RGBFusion both installed without problems. I have uninstalled both softwares, drivers and everything in which LEDs or GPU are involved and reinstalled them. Nothing worked.

I also changed some BIOS configurations and put them back to the previous settings. Nothing worked.
I don't know what I could to try to fix it or at least to know if my GPU is faulty. If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful, thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
I have uninstalled both softwares, drivers and everything in which leds or GPU are involved and reinstalled them. Nothing worked.
Try and drop the card onto another known working platform, with ample power from the PSU and see if the issue persists. If it does, use that info/footage in your email with Gigabyte/your seller to initiate an RMA.

I suggested the above to rule out your OS being the issue and to avoid a reinstall of said OS.

blueskies75

Honorable
Nov 19, 2017
I have uninstalled both softwares, drivers and everything in which leds or GPU are involved and reinstalled them. Nothing worked.
Try and drop the card onto another known working platform, with ample power from the PSU and see if the issue persists. If it does, use that info/footage in your email with Gigabyte/your seller to initiate an RMA.

I suggested the above to rule out your OS being the issue and to avoid a reinstall of said OS.
The only available platform I have is my old computer, but I don't know if would work fine with that GPU.
The specs of that computer are:
Seasonic S12 II Bronze 620W
Asus Prime B250-Pro
Intel Core i5 7400
2x4GB DDR4 2400MHz

Should it be compatible with the GPU? Thanks!