Question Gigabyte graphics card causes CPU fault

May 7, 2020
I have a Gigabyte 5600XT plugged into MSI X470 Gaming Pro MB with a Ryzen 7 2700 CPU. I just got it running and while installing some software it crashed. The LCD indicator on the MB showed CPU not found or failed. I was able to restart without a problem and the computer ran for about 30 minutes. Then it happened again. I could run the computer in the BIOS as long as I cared to. As soon as I booted to Windows I would get the error. This time, I had to start from scratch. I had to reinstall windows and everything. I reinstalled the Graphics card software (Aorus Engine and the driver) and I got the error within 30 minutes. I was able to reboot to windows and I quickly disabled the driver. The computer has now been running for several hours without a fault. I can't get information from Gigabyte because I don't know the BIOS version of the card and other information they want before letting you contact them. There is no way to find out what that information is unless everything workls right. When I install the software it ALWAYS goes to check for an update and will give the message "Checking for driver is failure" and you just have to keep trying. The Aorus Engine software doesn't do anything. It just looks at you. For now, I am looking at one of three monitors and hoping someone can direct me to the solution to this problem. If I enable the driver, and the computer crashes, I may have to go through a total reinstall again just to keep the driver from causing another CPU fault.

Thanks for looking.

Scott

May 7, 2020
I followed the instructions in the sticky about installing graphics cards. I ran the DDU. I got a download of the driver from the web site and reinstalled it. I got an error 192. I followed the instructions on their web site to make sure the old stuff was uninstalled. and reinstalled the new driver. I got an error 192. I closed the dialog box and all of the monitors started working as well as the Gigabyte monitoring software. So I let it run until failure, which took about 10 minutes. CPU fault.