Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming

3adamrutter

Honorable
Jun 8, 2014
Hallo guys!

Does any of you know if someone got the Gigabye's GTX 970 G1 Gaming fans on 0db mode?

I tried so hard for a couple of weeks, but couldn't get it to work.

I know some of you are gonna say, if you wanted 0db fans. You should have gotten Strix, MSI or EVGA. I chose Gigabyte because of its overclock.

If you know a way to make its fans 0db at IDLE, it would be freaking amazing. Thank you guys in advance and see ya! ;)

Solution
Gigabyte Gtx 970 isn't designed to stop their fans at idle. But if silence is your concern, then i can assure you that you won't even hear them at idle. You can hear the 6 fans you plan to get, but not Gigabyte gpu. So why bother if the fans are running or not as long as you can't hear them? Just wake up one morning & tell yourself that your gpu fans died at a early age, so sad, but hey your problem is solved!!! ;)
Gigabyte G1 Gaming fans do not stop spinning at idle. They have a minimum speed setting of 34% at idle. They are very quiet up to 50-55%.

I have one in a water cooled case with the side panel open for testing/tweaking. Cannot hear it at all, even when gaming. It sits 4' away on the floor.

3adamrutter

Honorable
Jun 8, 2014
Yeah, they are very quiet indeed. I can barely hear the GPU at IDLE. But I thought It would be good to get fans off at IDLE, just to extend their life span. ;)

I am also getting NZXT GRID+ so I hope my rig is going to be silent, even with 6 fans in it.

Sezanmk

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
Gigabyte Gtx 970 isn't designed to stop their fans at idle. But if silence is your concern, then i can assure you that you won't even hear them at idle. You can hear the 6 fans you plan to get, but not Gigabyte gpu. So why bother if the fans are running or not as long as you can't hear them? Just wake up one morning & tell yourself that your gpu fans died at a early age, so sad, but hey your problem is solved!!! ;)

Solution