Gigabyte Launches its Low-Profile GTX 750

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneiky

Distinguished
Dear video card manufacturers, what we need is a SINGLE SLOT GTX 750. Not dual slot lower profile. Most mini ITX cases can handle only single slot cards that I have available for purchase to me in my region. Low profile or not - does not matter.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Why supply a full-size DVI connector on a low profile card? I'd much rather they hadn't and just focused on using the extra grill width for better cooling, as it's incredibly easy to get an adaptor from display port or HDMI to DVI if you need it.

CRITICALThinker

Distinguished
Why supply a full-size DVI connector on a low profile card? I'd much rather they hadn't and just focused on using the extra grill width for better cooling, as it's incredibly easy to get an adaptor from display port or HDMI to DVI if you need it.
The DVI port would be for VGA compatibility, not much more.

The DVI port would be for VGA compatibility, not much more.

Keep in mind that most of the air goes back into the case anyway and is exhausted via the case fans. I doubt replacing the DVI with some more exhaust would make any noticeable noise difference overall.

BanzaiWasabi

Reputable
May 6, 2014
So now we have single slot GTX 750Ti's and low profile 750Ti's. I'm still waiting for a single-slot low-profile version. It would be the perfect upgrade for someone with a slim OEM PC without a lot of PSU headroom :)

Are there many PC cases that only support a single slot for the graphics card? If so, I think they're not that common so probably the reason no cards are being made.

ITX. Pretty much all slim ITX cases have only one slot. You have to go slim micro-ATX to get multiple slots and that's too big if you want a small/portable gaming box. Single slot and low profile is what the ITX gamers want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS