Gigabyte Launches New Aivia Gaming Keyboard, Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I typed a comment, it may be first, might not. You could actually play Crysis on this. I used to play Crysis, but then I took a nanosuit to the knee...

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
I do like the keyboard using USB 3.0 connection and have extra port...

I don't know if it's just the picture but is the keyboard also backlit?

if it is, then it's a plus!

G

I actually use this keyboard. Have been for the past month and love it. @ icepick314, yes the keys are backlit. They're actually individually backlit and have a very nice glow. I can't say enough good things about this keyboard but you can look at my review here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823334013

Look under Deftonian, posted on 10/7. Heck, they're all good reviews.

itsnotmeitsyou

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
[citation][nom]Old_Fogie_Late_Bloomer[/nom]I definitely think Cherry Reds when I think "superior tactile feedback"...[/citation]

yeah, my cherry reds are linear. gj gigabyte? no, gj TH is my guess.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
keyboard costs 130$
poor macro key position,
and probably no mounting plate (makes the keyboard last as long as the switches)

means that this thing is "gamer" branded overpriced crap.
das keyboard has a red variant of their pro model i believe, that is 20$ cheaper depending on where you go

[citation][nom]Draconian[/nom]Is the obscenely large palm rest supposed to make up for the lack of macro keys?[/citation]

i put my hand on my keyboard how i type, my hand would barely fit on that rest, just barely, so i cant call it oversize, i dont use the one that came with my keyboard because it didnt make a difference with my hands at all.

[citation][nom]Old_Fogie_Late_Bloomer[/nom]I definitely think Cherry Reds when I think "superior tactile feedback"...[/citation]

im assuming its less about noise or feel and more about feeling better to type with... but marketing decided to make a bullet point out of it, and came up with that.

now that mouse, depending on build quality, could be fairly good, but at 70$ i would stick with my naga, those 12 buttons get regular use outside of games, where as high dpi would only get use inside of games.

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
The best keyboard I ever used and still is an old IBM PS/2 101 keyboard. It is nearly 20 years old and still works great. These old keyboards where built for typists in mind.

Haven't found a replacement keyboard that will compare to it.

The new keyboards today are poorly built and poorly made.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]spookyman[/nom]The best keyboard I ever used and still is an old IBM PS/2 101 keyboard. It is nearly 20 years old and still works great. These old keyboards where built for typists in mind.Haven't found a replacement keyboard that will compare to it.The new keyboards today are poorly built and poorly made.[/citation]

look at non gameing built ducky, flico (sp), or what im looking at, das keyboard

each has a mounting plate for the mechanical keys, i beleive steel seriese does too, but they only offer black and red keys as far as i recall.

and than look at cherry mx blue and brown. i believe the keyboard you are saying uses buckling springs, and i believe the closet thing to that made today is the brown and blue keys, i think also clear keys, but those are rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.