Gigabyte Launches Three High-End X470 Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbrave1024

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Absolutely loaded with LEDs?! Most advanced RGB lighting?! Guess you haven't seen the GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 9? If you was looking for it in an AMD favor, you wouldn't see it, GIGABYTE never made one. My point is, this board is very nice in terms of what we usually see for an AMD version, but nothing compared to what GIGABYTE is capable of providing and it's lacking a lot compared to the Z-series (Intel) GIGABYTE boards.

All the AIB partners never make AMD products as nice or feature rich as they make for the Intel and Nvidia products.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Honestly, the Ultra gaming is the best looking imho. All that useless bling does is distract from what's really needed to be highlighted, the components. Give me an invisible board anyday, I want the rest of the stuff to stand out. Wonder how long before the on-board wifi is obsolete, just like the onboard wifi on my z77. $15 pcie x1 tp-link is far faster.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
True. But I wonder if Gigabyte did their homework, fully, this time. I have an MSI Mpower Z77, just like the Giga boards, it has massive, pipe fed heatsinks on the VRM's. You'd think that'd be a bonus. It's honestly not. Here's the dilemma. Massive heatsinks mean that supposedly, you can really push the OC to its limits and not worry about the VRM's cooking. Which means for that high OC, you need the biggest of coolers, NH-D15 type for air or 280mm aio. The aircooler doesn't fit. The heatsinks are so close to the socket, so tall that the heat piping on the under side of those massive aircoolers makes contact with the VRM's heatsinks. You can't seat the cooler. So a mobo built for high, stable OC that won't OC to limits due to lack of cooling.
So, did Giga do their homework with the more popular brand huge towers and make sure the heatsinks clear? Or is this another mobo slated for aio only high OC.

plotinusredux

Commendable
Nov 23, 2017
"full PCIe 3.0 x4 bandwidth on both M.2 slots" Is that accurate? Everything I've seen you get 16x and 4x pcie 3.0 from the cpu, and just pcie 2.0 from the chipset, so where are the 2nd 4x 3.0's coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.