Question Gigabyte MB Hangs

Jan 5, 2023
The system was running fine for years, but after being turned off for a week or so, when booting it hangs at the post screen. Do not recognize any keys like F12, DEL, etc. I've swapped out memory, video board, and repasted CPU just in case heating problem. Disconnect all devices except the wired keyboard and mouse. I also took MB out of case iust in case a screw or something fell. I didn't see anything loose in the case. Power supply test said PS was good. The LED on MB was GYGY GGYY. Also reset BIOS many times.
The system was running very slow when running.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU, apart from it's make and model.

Power supply test said PS was good.
What test did you perform on the PSU?

The system was running fine for years, but after being turned off for a week or so, when booting it hangs at the post screen.
Would be a good idea to inspect your entire motherboard for any swollen/bulging or leaking capacitors.

Reactions: bmusesr
Jan 5, 2023
Sorry for not putting these details, I was thinking this was an old system and was running up until a couple weeks ago. Just was running very slow. I figured I needed to clean up the disk. It is hanging on the startup screen (logo Screen)

CPU: I7
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
Ram: 12 GB PC3 12800
SSD/HDD: 2 TB WD
Video : GTX 960 4GD5T
PSU: OCZGXS700 Just tested with a test module. I can get a meter and check the voltages
Chassis: Nothing special
Monitor: Acer P422
include the age of the PSU, apart from its make and model. it's probably 5 years or more.

Power supply test said PS was good. I used one of those plug-in modules that just show a light if good.
Thanks
Bob

TRENDING THREADS