Gigabyte Mobo On Infinite Boot Loop ,Ticking Noise Coming From Ethernet Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhammad_22_

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Hello guys
My pc is stuck on a infinite boot loop , when i turn it on the Gigabyte Logo loads up then the automatic repairing loads up and suddenly it reboots and this happens over and over again but sometimes i get lucky and it starts up normaly but then after using it while its normaly booted it will ramdomly switch off , Every time i switch my pc on when it loads the gigabyte logo i will hear a ticking noise coming from the Ethernet port and the orange light corresponds with the ticking noise and then my pc reboots , basically everytime i hear the ethernet port make that ticking noise it just shuts down.Some times i can manage to get in the Bios for like 30 seconds and then it reboots so i can make changed to my bios if needed
My pc worked perfectly until a few days ago, however i did perform a Bios Update about a 3 days before this started happening.
Could there be a short in the Mobo or a Bios error or Ram , Psu issues ?Any Ideas

My PC is about 6 Months Old
i5 4690
Gigabyte H81M S2PH (Rev 2.1)
Gtx 950
6GB Kingston Ram
450 Watt Thermaltake Psu
500Gb Seagate HDD
Windows 8.1 Pro
Please Help !
Thanks

Solution
1| An indication of a PSU unable to provide the wattage the system needs is that it will reboot when in BIOS but another anomaly you've introduced is stating that you have 6GB's of ram in your DIMM slots.

2| Is that 2x2GB+1x2GB? If so then it's bad practice to mix and match ram modules. I'm assuming that they were added on gradually which means none of them match, brand, timings, specs wise, correct? If the 2x2GB are from a kit then use that and drop the 1x2GB kit.

3| Speaking of kits, you didn't mention your PSU's series and the information for your ram sticks.

4| Breadboard your system and see if the system reboots but this time source a PSU that is of higher wattage and of a better build quality.

Might I ask where you hail...

Lutfij

Titan
1| An indication of a PSU unable to provide the wattage the system needs is that it will reboot when in BIOS but another anomaly you've introduced is stating that you have 6GB's of ram in your DIMM slots.

2| Is that 2x2GB+1x2GB? If so then it's bad practice to mix and match ram modules. I'm assuming that they were added on gradually which means none of them match, brand, timings, specs wise, correct? If the 2x2GB are from a kit then use that and drop the 1x2GB kit.

3| Speaking of kits, you didn't mention your PSU's series and the information for your ram sticks.

4| Breadboard your system and see if the system reboots but this time source a PSU that is of higher wattage and of a better build quality.

Might I ask where you hail from?

Solution

Muhammad_22_

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Thanks for your reply,
Since the time of this thread
I had returned my mobo for a new one, and still this problem persists and yesterday I purchased a new psu , Corsair VS450 and still it didnt fix it ,
I have 4GB + 2GB, both Kingston 1333mhz Ram .
I am from South Africa.

Lutfij

Titan
Try with only one stick of ram. Like I said it's bad practice to mix and match ram kits/sticks. Try any one as stand alone and see if the system boots up. That Corsair unit is not a good buy unfortunately. You should try and return the units and try purchasing a unit that is as close as possible to tier 1.

Muhammad_22_

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
I tried with each stick of ram in it, I also put it in different DIMM slots but it still restarts ,I just purchased this psu for a while till I get my pc up and running .
Is it possible that both sticks of ram could be faulty?

Lutfij

Titan
Each stick of ram meaning one stick of ram in your entire system and trying to bootup? It's possible that your PSU isn't able to deliver the minimum power for your system but then again it could also be any component. Try running memtest86 for at least 10 passes to rule out your slot and/or the sticks of ram as your fault. I'm saying to use only one stick of ram, either the 4GB stick or the 2GB stick. Logically using the 4GB would be a better route.

Unless the sticks of ram are of a kit, you should not mix and match ram sticks. Please pass your SKU's for the ram sticks.

Lutfij

Titan
By "still doesn't work" you mean that it won't boot up? In spite of breadboarding it? You can either rule out the board as dead/faulty considering your board did boot up prior to 7 months. You can take your parts to the seller and have them look at it since it's customary to honor customers with a years warranty.

Muhammad_22_

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
It does boot up but then it restarts again , after a few reboots it starts up normally then again it reboots, this is while i breadboarded it .
I really think both my sticks of ram is faulty because the problem happens even when I removed my gpu , replaced the mobo , bought a new psu , used my old Intel CPU

Lutfij

Titan
Borrow ram from your friend(s) and try with only one stick of ram in each of your motherboard's slots. As stated, look for a near tier 1 PSU and try again...if after trying the previous two suggestions doesn't work for you then the issue is with your board. If after getting functional ram from your friends on your system then the issue is with your initial ram sticks being faulty. If a functioning PSU of wattage much more than what you need is also failing then the issue is with your board.

* Not all PSU's are made by same OEM and they will also vary in wattage. What is the new PSU you speak of?

Muhammad_22_

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Sorry for delayed reply
I found the solution to my Problem,
After borrowing a friends ram , my computer still was rebooting so i was just googling around clicked on this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzkl6YPO2_Q
And there was my solution , I saw this video 3 months ago but i didnt bother to click on it but today i was desperate and just watched it and it solved all my problems.
So it turns out it was the Case Power Switch that was rebooting my pc .
Thanks Anyway for your help Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
You're welcome though to be honest you could've avoided all this fiasco since I specifically suggested you bread board your system. If you read through the tutorial I linked above in my initial post, when doing that you can use a screw driver to jump the board's pins to help boot up your system. Which leads me to ask, did you breadboard the system in the first place?

Regardless of what answer you provide it's nice to see that you've performed proper etiquette and given us a followup to your situation and closure to this issue. Thank you!

Muhammad_22_

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
I did bread board it but I used the wire and switch from my case to start my pc up , but i didnt actually use a screw driver to jump start it as i thought it would be safer to just use the switch from the case but anyway my pc is working and you did provide the solution but I just didnt follow it exactly ,
Thanks Again
;)

Lutfij

Titan
Thank you for selecting my post as the Best Answer.

Best invest in a quality case(asap) to begin with. I'm not confident in recommending you to use of a system without a chassis and a screw driver near it(regardless of how short in duration) since you could damage the board by jumping the wrong pins on an off day.

Status
Not open for further replies.