Gigabyte motherboard no network adapters

Feb 28, 2018
Windows 10 64-bit Education edition.
Gigabyte motherboard z370 hd3p.
No cd-reader.

I've just finished setting up my new pc build and when i try to connect to the internet using a new ppoe connection the windows says that i don't have any network adapters installed.
I've went to gigabyte support page, i've downloade the lan driver and when i try to install it is saysthat there is no intel adapters on this computer.

....well i'll be damned, so how am i suppose to connect to the internet?

Any ideas? Thank you

Solution
Do you have "unknown devices" in device manager? If so, it may well be one of those.

I assume there may be some correlation between a bent CPU pin and detection of various devices..... so it's probably worth reseating the CPU and ensuring there's no bent pins...

If it's not appearing at all after that (clearly the board has onboard LAN), I'd consider a return to the vendor or RMA to manufacturer..... something doesn't sound right.

SirSub42

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Check the Device Manager > Network Adapters. If nothing is listed, check the Other Devices option, see if it is listed with a little yellow icon next to it. If you locate the controller under either option, try right clicking and select the "Update Driver" option.

**Addendum
From https://communities.intel.com/thread/108773
Trying out an older version of the drivers seems to work for some.

Download
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Windows itself should have a "basic" LAN driver, allowing you to get online initially.

Some drivers can be dependent on others (like chipsets etc), so ensure you have those installed.

Does your network adapter appear in "Device Manager"? It may be disabled or require a 'scan for new hardware' to find it.... although it really shouldn't.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Do you have "unknown devices" in device manager? If so, it may well be one of those.

I assume there may be some correlation between a bent CPU pin and detection of various devices..... so it's probably worth reseating the CPU and ensuring there's no bent pins...

If it's not appearing at all after that (clearly the board has onboard LAN), I'd consider a return to the vendor or RMA to manufacturer..... something doesn't sound right.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS