Gigabyte motherboard RMA took 1 to 2 month

jaycelou

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
I sent in a motherboard for RMA on 20 Feb, reseller said the process will take 1 to 2 month! I drop a inquiry on gigabyte feedback asking for it more than 24 hour ago and still no reply!

I'm Malaysia, not sure anybody else in other country experience this exceptionally long RMA process?

Please feel free to comment.

Solution
May be that the motherboard is in high demand and on back order - meaning the reseller is also "waiting".

Or the shipping and/or customs process is very lengthy and cumbersome.

Could be that the reseller is a poorly run (at best) company and really does not care about customers/customer service.

Do some research on them and see what you can learn.

What make and model motherboard? What is the name of the reseller?

Ralston18

Titan
May be that the motherboard is in high demand and on back order - meaning the reseller is also "waiting".

Or the shipping and/or customs process is very lengthy and cumbersome.

Could be that the reseller is a poorly run (at best) company and really does not care about customers/customer service.

Do some research on them and see what you can learn.

What make and model motherboard? What is the name of the reseller?

Solution

gahelm1

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
In my experience Gigabyte is one of the worst companies you can do business with. I have purchased motherboards and graphics cards from them in the past but after having problems with them recently and futilely trying to get a straight answer from their support group I strongly advise against purchasing any Gigabyte products.