News Gigabyte Offers Refunds, Exchanges On Explosive PSUs

Also, is the replacement actually a real fix, or is it just the same flawed unit with OPP set lower, like gigabyte was sending out as replacements previously. Just lowering the OPP only fixes one of the several problems with this unit.

Apr 1, 2020
Here's the thing, from the RMA portal page:

1. Customers must return product to reseller before an exchange or refund is issued.

Newegg, among other retailers, doesn't give free return shipping on defective items like Amazon, and they pulled out of Shoprunner. The email from Newegg released a couple of weeks ago did not mention free return shipping either. Given the weight and dimensions of a power supply box, that's not going to be a cheap return, possibly $20, maybe more since like all RMAs it will have to be sent tracked and insured.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
At this point, no matter what Gigabyte does will not win back the trust for them. At least not for me. It is irresponsible of them to take things "seriously" and not do anything to either rectify the hardware issue, and/or, recall these dangerous PSUs.

Having said that, Gigabyte should do the below to clean up the mess they started,
  1. Recall all the PSUs back, regardless of serial number
  2. Cost of shipping to and fro should be incurred by them since they knowingly sold the problematic PSU,
  3. Get the new PSU tested independently since their engineers are not capable of identifying the obvious flaw,
  4. Give people with affected batch/ serial number, the option for exchange or refund
  5. Write an apology to impacted customers and also reviews which they accused of unrealistic testing
  6. Lastly, they should stop force bundling these low quality PSUs with GPU sale. They are just capitalising on the current GPU shortage to sell things that they can't sell. If the product works ok, I don't have an issue. However if the product is marred with a history of poor quality, it is a despicable way of selling.

Drazen

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2015
NO MORE GIGABYTE!!!! NEVER EVER!!!

Bought motherboard, x570 Ultra, and me like many others have issues with. Few days after purchase spent 80 Eur sending crap to RMA and they fixed one thing but f...cked up another.
Gigabyte does not accept problems I and many others have with USB, RGB power despite many complains on their forum all over the world!

Gigabyte software! Oh my God, biggest crap I have ever seen in my life!!!

TRENDING THREADS