Question Gigabyte P550B psu - loud fan

dhal277

Reputable
Nov 7, 2019
I pickep up this gigabyte psu due the limited available options in stock. I feel it quite loud, it's like the fan is running max speed all the time, its kind of woobling and humming noise, but as I read on the specs this fan supposed to be silent...

I would appriciate some support how can I reduce the noise.

Other parts in my system:
Ryzen 5 2600 (stock speed)
GTX 1650 Super

I pickep up this gigabyte psu due the limited available options in stock. I feel it quite loud, it's like the fan is running max speed all the time, its kind of woobling and humming noise, but as I read on the specs this fan supposed to be silent...

I would appriciate some support how can I reduce the noise.

Other parts in my system:
Ryzen 5 2600 (stock speed)
GTX 1650 Super
If the PSU fan is loud with the system at idle and you're sure it's getting proper airflow to the intake, then it could be a defective unit. What chassis (case) are you using and how is it mounted? Is it mounted inverted?

dhal277

Reputable
Nov 7, 2019
If the PSU fan is loud with the system at idle and you're sure it's getting proper airflow to the intake, then it could be a defective unit. What chassis (case) are you using and how is it mounted? Is it mounted inverted?

It's a cooler master master box lite 3 , but I don't think that it's a case issue. The psu made the same noise when I tried it without the case yesterday when I tried to figure out what is the issue

It's a cooler master master box lite 3 , but I don't think that it's a case issue. The psu made the same noise when I tried it without the case yesterday when I tried to figure out what is the issue
Ok. Just trying to get a picture of what you're working with. There's nothing you can do really. If you're sure all the connections are made properly and the issue persists all you can do is RMA the unit. It's possible that the unit is just noisier than you're used to. It is a low budget model but should not be loud all the time, especially with your low power use.