[SOLVED] Gigabyte RMA: They want my CPU and RAM sticks to repair the Mobo!

ChairmanSaab

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2013
My motherboard has 2 ram slots and first slot is defective. I shipped my motherboard to Gigabyte for RMA, They sent it back 2 weeks later claiming everything is fine which isn't the case. It looks like they haven't even touched it!
Phoned them up and they're asking me to send it again along with the CPU and RAM sticks, is this the standard procedure? This time they've agreed to replace it if it's not repairable.

The guy I was talking to (an engineer who apparently "repaired" my motherboard) didn't seem like a confident fella, he said there could be some issue with my i3 CPU (what? Using it now with half the RAM) I suspect they gonna ask for PSU, SSD and the freaking Monitor next.

What should I do? How do I convince the manager to issue a replacement?

System specs
CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-4150
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-Gaming 3 (rev. 1.0)
Ram: Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 (2x4GB)
SSD/HDD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB- SDSSDA-240G-G26
PSU: Antec VP500PC

TDLR: Gigabyte Service Center "Engineer" wants my CPU and RAM to be shipped along with the Motherboard for diagnosis and repair. I'm not sure who's gonna be responsible for these non-Gigabyte components incase they're damaged during repair or in-transit.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Where are you located? Your alias looks like you're located in Asia and dealing with the local reps for Gigabyte as opposed to sending the board to their Factory in Taiwan.

How did you verify that the ram slot(and not the ram in the slot) is the culprit?

ChairmanSaab

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2013

I checked it, not a single pin is out of shaped.

oops, forgot to include the system specs, now updated in OP.

Right, I'm located in Asia, Northern India in particular. I did send a ticket to Gigabyte esupport and they directed me to their local service center.

Quite simple, First i swapped the RAM sticks in the slot, then I tested my RAM sticks on another computer and it's RAM sticks (which were also DDR3 1600mhz) on mine. So total of 4 RAM chips failed to be recognized by the defective RAM slot.

Well, the ram slot (DDR3 slot 1) is malfunctioning since last 3 months now. Computer used to crash with graphical lines on the display followed by hard shutdown. It wouldn't start again and throw constant short beeps, what I used to do was leave the computer alone for like 2 days and it would start on it's own and work fine for another 15 days. I also did Memtest86 multiple times and I always get "Pass complete, no errors". Now the first slot has stopped functioning completely. All components are clean as glass and free of dirt.