[SOLVED] Gigabyte rtx 2060 super windforce oc temperature problems

Jun 6, 2020
I bought this gpu a week ago,but since that day I am not happy with these temperatures and if it continues this way I will refund it.My temperature goes up to 80 while gaming with the settings ultra + rtx on Shadow of The Tomb Raider.I tried setting fan curve,undervolting and the lowest it can go is 75.I couldn't find many threads on the internet about this problem even if I did I couldn't find a solution I am open to any advices,thanks.

Solution
View: https://imgur.com/a/ak6XRt1

Thermaltake core v1
I replaced the front 200mm intake fan with 140mm noctua since case has 2 levels and the bottom one only has psu and cables,fan wasn’t needed there.I only needed fan for the top level which is important because all the components are there and 140mm fans are generally better.2 Rear fans as exhaust,case has positive airflow.80 degrees seems high to me and I can get to 1920 clock speed while at the start of the game,it decreases to 1845 after a while.
Ok.
Core V1, horizontal motherboard format...
1x 140mm fan(intake), 2x 80mm in the rear(exhaust)...
Gpu's fans are against an open grille - make sure not to block that side.
In that position, the...
Jun 6, 2020

Thermaltake core v1
I replaced the front 200mm intake fan with 140mm noctua since case has 2 levels and the bottom one only has psu and cables,fan wasn’t needed there.I only needed fan for the top level which is important because all the components are there and 140mm fans are generally better.2 Rear fans as exhaust,case has positive airflow.80 degrees seems high to me and I can get to 1920 clock speed while at the start of the game,it decreases to 1845 after a while.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Thermaltake core v1
Ok.
Core V1, horizontal motherboard format...
1x 140mm fan(intake), 2x 80mm in the rear(exhaust)...
Gpu's fans are against an open grille - make sure not to block that side.
In that position, the gpu is dumping some of it's exhaust right against that acrylic window...

Got it.
Run your game again, but with that window removed. Report back with the results.
If there's a reasonable drop in temps, then the issue isn't the card.

Just a reminder, 80C isn't dangerous for that gpu.

Solution
Jun 6, 2020
Yeah 80 isn't really dangerous but my clocks drop to 1845,I don't want it.I want to have the highest clock speed as much as I can,I paid a lot for this gpu.In where I live,Turkey,we have bad economics and it is really hard to afford it.I tried removing the acrylic window but temperatures are still the same,changed nothing.I even tried installing exhaust fans to the mesh on top,it helps reducing temperature but it creates a negative airflow,I don't know what to do in this situation right now.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Mesh on top???
I thought the window was on top...
6635_99_thermaltake_core_v1_mini_itx_sff_chassis_review_full.jpg

Jun 6, 2020
Yeah it comes like this in stock but I replaced the top window with right side mesh to give gpu a space to blow its hot air.In my situation left and top panels are meshes and right panel is window

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah it comes like this in stock but I replaced the top window with right side mesh to give gpu a space to blow its hot air.In my situation left and top panels are meshes and right panel is window
Oh!
Well, if it's drawing air through the mesh on the left, exhausting it's waste heat through the mesh on top, and still hitting 80C - assuming a reasonable 75% fan speed - then the cooler sucks.
I'd say go ahead and replace it.