Gigabyte Trots Out Gaming Keyboard, Mouse and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]Make me a better wireless set...... my KM7850 has a very nice keybaord with lots of buttons for HTPC purposes, but the mouse runs out of battery in just a week.....my friend's Logitech wireless mouse last at least 3x as long with the same usage and same AAA battery[/citation]

How long will it take for someone to push wireless powered mouses/keyboards to the market?

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]amuffin[/nom]I'll be sticking with my HP keyboard and Lenovo mouse. Seriously, I want a mouse and keyboard that's around 40-60 that's top notch. $100 and $80!? That's a bit too much![/citation]

$100 for a keyboard with mechanical switches and all those features is a a pretty good price.

$40-$60 buys you a decent keyboard, but nothing comparable to the feel of mechanical switches.

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Its about time someone started releasing mechanical keyboards with dedicated media keys, but even this is still lacking. Also should ditch the red/black switches, theyre overrated, blue is were its at

G

I find 1800 DPI perfect for games and too much for Windows, but 8200 DPI? Holy s***.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]I find 1800 DPI perfect for games and too much for Windows, but 8200 DPI? Holy s***.[/citation]

Dpi is useless marketing gimmick just like RAM memory on non custom pcs or 7.1 headsets.

n8dogg

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
Learn how to use Dpi to your advantage and you'll mop the floor with guys like the one above me :) I love these guys, they generally have some garbage mouse and hate the fact someone has something better than them.
Kill you on the battlefield with my 6000Dpi mouse set to kill ;)

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
100 bucks for a backlit cherry keyboard is a steal. Wish there were notebook keyboards with keyswitches alike or perhaps Topre.

The WHDI adapter looks low-end. These things need real good antennas to work properly so the smaller they get the worse they are.

The mouse looks like a great performer but it could be wireless... WiFi Direct seems to be lag-free.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]n8dogg[/nom]Learn how to use Dpi to your advantage and you'll mop the floor with guys like the one above me I love these guys, they generally have some garbage mouse and hate the fact someone has something better than them.Kill you on the battlefield with my 6000Dpi mouse set to kill[/citation]
DPI is just a useless marketing term that has nothing to do with the quality of the mouse.
Sensor accuracy and reliable tracking at high speeds is much more important than DPI.

Most pro gamers use very low DPI/CPI (counts per inch). 800-1600 are reasonable settings, but anything beyond 3000 is pointless.

Think about it: 6000CPI means about 2400 counts per cm of mouse movement.
Let's assume a very low sensitivity setting like 36cm/360°, that means 240 counts per degree of camera movement.

In other words: 1 count moves your crosshair by about 0.73cm at 100m distance.
For reference: on a 1080p monitor a single pixel is about 6-8cm at 100m depending on your field of view setting.

Even at 9 or 18cm/360° (very high sensitivities) you still don't need that many CPI.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]ddan49[/nom]Benchmarks![/citation]
I would hate to be the one doing keyboard benchmarks. You either have to repeatedly bang on the keys until your hair turns grey or your fingers creaks from arthritis.

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Why do they put the usbs and headphones jacks on the right where your mousepad goes? That's an immediate Fail for me. Should be at the back right, works well that way, cables dont get in the way of your mouse.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]amuffin[/nom]I'll be sticking with my HP keyboard and Lenovo mouse. Seriously, I want a mouse and keyboard that's around 40-60 that's top notch. $100 and $80!? That's a bit too much![/citation]
Considering mechanical switches were around in the days of the original ps2 keyboard you'd think that the price on them would have gone down instead of up. I guess if you slap the word "gaming" on something you can double the price and re-re's will buy it thinking their l33t.

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Why is anyone excited about line of sight wireless HDMI? You would need the back of your TV facing the back of your xbox, or the back of your PC tower facing the back of your monitor. Unless you've got an open-back entertainment unit so the USB dongle would stick out to get line of sight with your TV, it's useless. Or if your PC tower is under your desk you don't have line of sight to your monitor.

Line of sight is useless except for radio towers and aircraft.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Mechanical switches went away because of how expensive they are to make compared to rubber dome ones. Those new ones are cheaper than they were back when that was the only option. Springs and electrical contacts are not as cheap to do as rubber dome.

I'm just amazed at how little most people seem to know about them. It seems the comments on this about keyboards are from people who immediately reject the idea of them without finding out why they are a thing, or from people who already know all about them and have a preferred switch.

Course, you could always get a used model m on ebay for $30-40.

@notsleep
http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/contoured.htm

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
IDGAF what its made out of I am never going to spend $180 on a keyboard and mouse.

Max I will ever spend (and I think this is ridiculous) is $100 combined for a keyboard and mouse.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]IDGAF what its made out of I am never going to spend $180 on a keyboard and mouse.Max I will ever spend (and I think this is ridiculous) is $100 combined for a keyboard and mouse.[/citation]
Have you ever tried a mechanical, alps or capacitive keyboard to say so? As far as I'm concerned high-end isn't for cheap people and concerning lifespan a real good keyboard lasts over 10 years and it's serviceable. Value-wise even a $300 capacitive keyboard holds its own compared to other pieces of hardware that turn obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS