Question Gigabyte TRX40 Designare or MSI TRX40 Creator MB

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Gigabyte TRX40 Designare or MSI TRX40 Creator MB

The MSI one seems to look better feature wise four PCIe slots are the full 16 x and all and scored high on the passive cooling cooling wise . It also has a 4x M2 gen 4 add in card to add extra SSDs but does not appear to have Thunderbolt whilst the Gigabyte ones does.

Is the MSI one with the extra cash? And is it and the brand reliable, with good Bios and any other things which may not show up in a feature comparison chart. I notice none of the custom build companies seem to include MSi board in their configurations. Any idea why?

https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/compute...trx40-socket-trx4-atx-and-larger-motherboards

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Creator-TRX40

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/TRX40-DESIGNARE-rev-10#kf

does the https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-TRX40-E-Gaming/ have anything over the above two boards

or the two asroc Thaichi and creator ones

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Dude, you already have like a dozen threads asking about TRX40 motherboards/builds...

You can't seem to explain what you'd do with all those M.2 slots/PCIe slots/Thunderbolt 3, so how are we supposed to determine whether they're important or worth the money for you?

As far as I can tell, any of those boards would serve you as well as the other.

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Dude, you already have like a dozen threads asking about TRX40 motherboards/builds...

You can't seem to explain what you'd do with all those M.2 slots/PCIe slots/Thunderbolt 3, so how are we supposed to determine whether they're important or worth the money for you?

As far as I can tell, any of those boards would serve you as well as the other.

Part if it is that it seems strange that the custom workstation computers only seem to include ASUS boards when you have ASroc, Gigbyte and MSi boards looking very good on comparsion charts like the ones on the Scan uk website, especially as they seem to show prices inbetween the AUS strix and Zeneth extreme that seem to offer more or better features for lower prices.and not just goign on about games but content creation like the Gigabyte Designare, MIS and ASroc creator boards.

Plus heard a lot about doublign up GPUs

I get told that I would need a Operating system, project, scratch disk and storage drives/

Most of the boards have only 3 M2 slots. looked like it wouldbe worth it to get or at lease have the capacity to expand later down the line.

Also have had exteenal hard drives fail so have a strong interest in Raid 1.

Have also been told that Thunderbolt is somethgi to look for as connects at high speed, way above others and can daisy chain high end drives , gps and other stuff.

I only get one shot at this and £4000 is pretty close to my entire savings for 2 years and very much need to do somethgin to improve my life as 46 , creative but been stuck in a victious circle of film extra and dumbed down promo agency work and need a means to get a career on own as no being accepted for things like internships due to age. Have done a industrial design degree, got a 3d printer lookign at art daprtment , props effects product design and maybe viusual effects and editing and tryign to work out whats besty.

The fact you are doing the opposite of sellign all this indicates its not as needed as I thoguht.

Also it seems to make a lot of sense that if you are goign to have 4 full lenght expansio slots it makes sense to have them all full speed not a few half or a quater.

Hence all the questions. Need to be certain makign the right decsion... i can add more ram later but pretty stuck with a motherboard and learned thrpough problems with a 3d printer not to simply look at whihc one has the most features but also things like relaibility and build quality etc.

But as will be learning with mucvh of the software dont yet know whats needed.

Thought I may need a sound card for the podcasting/audio in, maybe later some sort of video caputre card as they appear in editing configurators, the M2 add on card, maybe if not on the board later 10g net but dont know

Cutting and pasting this but this is what I was lookign to do with it.

Adobe Premier (including effects like Greenscreen. Looking for a studio kit soon after workstation build subject to cost) 4k video
Adobe Encoder for Transcoding
Adobe After Effects
Solidworks (Plus rendering on Keyshot)
Rhino (Plus rendering on V-Ray and use of Rhino Plugins and Addons)
Vectorworks
Looking to Learn Sketch UX/UI and Wireframing
Podcasting with Adobe Audition (Interested in a XLR podcast /Audio narrate set up. Most likely soon after depending on workstation cost)
Looking to Learn Google Sketchup
Lookign to Learn Cinema 4D (Plus associated Rendering packages such as Renderman, V Ray and Blender)
Looking to Learn 3D Studio max (Plus associated Rendering packages such as Renderman, V Ray and Blender)
Looking to Learn Z Brush
Looking to Learn Mudbox
Looking to Learn Maya (Plus associated Rendering packages such as Renderman, V Ray and Blender)
Autodesk Alias

Looking to Learn Nuke
Looking to Learn Autocad
Looking to Learn Autodesk Inventor
Looking to Learn Modo and other Foundary software
Looking to Learn Softimage (Plus associated Rendering packages such as Renderman, V Ray and Blender)

Currently frequently use

Graphics Photoshop
In Design
Excel

Looking to learn Adobe Lightroom for use with a SLR camera Im looking to get.

Typically there will be lots of multitasking such as trying to edit on Premier, rendering a video, Word and Excel open, 20 or so browser tabs open
On multiple displays looking to move to 3 as get , possible a game operating in the background, watching downloaded videos, downloading files or torrents at the same time.

Several of the above come up frequently in job adverts I am seeking hence looking to learn.

Currely using Solidworks, Premier, recently did Vectorworks, Rhino and Podcasting courses and lookign to develop these skills

Dont know if that helps.