Question Gigabyte warranty when purchased on eBay

nazsoyo

Honorable
Mar 17, 2018
Anyone know if Gigabyte warranty is still valid for brand new GPU on eBay?

If so should i ask them for an invoice or will ebay order details be enough?

FYI the item is a little cheaper on eBay when compared to retailers website and they are an authorised seller according to Gigabyte website.

Lutfij

Titan
That will depend on the seller, if they are indeed a store like Newegg(yes they have a store on Ebay, whereby they clear their inventory). Outside of that, I'm pretty sure you need to contact the seller, not Gigabyte or raise a complaint with Ebay in case the GPU is at fault.

You might want to spend that extra and buy it from a legit store, considering there are shady people on Ebay, laying in wait for unsuspecting folks.

Link to the listing on Ebay, for the sake of relevance(and to prove me wrong about what I just said about warranty)?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Minimum you would have the manufacturer's warranty, that is just always there. Most nations even have a mandatory 1 year fit for purpose warranty that must be honored.

But if you wanted to return it for an immediate replacement, then I don't think ebay is the best choice.

Last edited:

nazsoyo

Honorable
Mar 17, 2018
That will depend on the seller, if they are indeed a store like Newegg(yes they have a store on Ebay, whereby they clear their inventory). Outside of that, I'm pretty sure you need to contact the seller, not Gigabyte or raise a complaint with Ebay in case the GPU is at fault.

You might want to spend that extra and buy it from a legit store, considering there are shady people on Ebay, laying in wait for unsuspecting folks.

Link to the listing on Ebay, for the sake of relevance(and to prove me wrong about what I just said about warranty)?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295303406933?epid=23050910125&hash=item44c1746555:g:yJcAAOSw2YljW-Ep

Forgot to mention i'm in the UK, also i meant warranty after the initial year, first year i will contact eBuyer and then Gigabyte after that.

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
People seem to forget that eBay is really an auction and scalper black hole and not a place like Amazon, Newegg, Micro Center, etc where merchandise, especially electronics, are easy(ier) to return and warranty is a given.

I always wonder why eBay is even considered a choice, except maybe for certain forgettable, cheaper items!