Question Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro won't boot with registered memory installed

Jun 26, 2022
I'm doing a new build and if I install 4 Samsung 64 gig registered modules in the slots indicated (or any others, tried all combinations) the system won't post.
Removed and installed regular old inexpensive 16 gig non ecc modules and it boots fine.
Manual states it can handle up to 512 gig of RAM. Running i7-7820x processor and quadro m6000 graphics with Corsair RM1000x power supply.
Started a support request with Gigabyte online last evening no response as of yet.
Any suggestions??

bignastyid

Titan
I'm doing a new build and if I install 4 Samsung 64 gig registered modules in the slots indicated (or any others, tried all combinations) the system won't post.
Removed and installed regular old inexpensive 16 gig non ecc modules and it boots fine.
Manual states it can handle up to 512 gig of RAM. Running i7-7820x processor and quadro m6000 graphics with Corsair RM1000x power supply.
Started a support request with Gigabyte online last evening no response as of yet.
Any suggestions??
"
ECC Memory Supported ‡
No
"
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...-11m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz/specifications.html

Hopefully you can return it.