Question Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi

Jun 18, 2019
Hello all,

This is probably going to be labeled as a complete noob problem/question because this is my first build ever. I can’t get past the “AE” or “0d” error codes on my Mobo. If I push nothing, I get AE but if I push delete like it says to get to Bios I get 0d. Please help, system info below.

Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
G.skill trident Z RGB
XFX Radeon VII

Not sure what else is needed. Thanks!

computerjoe314

Respectable
Jan 2, 2019
No, just a blank screen with those codes on the Mobo.

try these

Jun 18, 2019

try these

None of those appear to be an issue. Tried taking all ram out and just using one as well..

popatim

Titan
That may be but you don't give the memory's model# for us to check.
It may be that the ram requires 1.35v and since you didn't go into the bios its could be set to 1.2v,
Or maybe you just need to use the rear button to reset the bios to defaults.

Jun 18, 2019
It is g.skill trident z model F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR. It says it’s 1.35v at the 3200. Says it’s 1.20 at lowest I believe. I’ve read a lot of posts that say mobos, this one anyway, run ram at low settings and that’s why people do the xmp edits. I can’t get to bios to change anything though. I’ve tried pushing the cmos button on the back, besides that there’s only a power button.

Jun 18, 2019
Qcode "AE" is a Legacy Boot event error meaning your Storage disk is not being recognized or no OS installed. Post will not advance till the error is rectified. Qcode 0d confirms the error.
What storage devices are being used and what OS is installed.?

I have an adata ssd a Toshiba hdd. No OS installed, I’ve never even been to bios. Cant get there.

NO OS then there is the problem.
Leave your HDD out of the loop for now and install your OS on the SSD using the media creation tool.
Get the creation tool exe from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Download the ISO file to a USB pen drive and boot from that.
Once your OS is bootable then you can add the HDD and you will have access to Bios.
Your SSD should be a 125min-500GB drive for best operation.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019
NO OS then there is the problem.
Leave your HDD out of the loop for now and install your OS on the SSD using the media creation tool.
Get the creation tool exe from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Download the ISO file to a USB pen drive and boot from that.
Once your OS is bootable then you can add the HDD and you will have access to Bios.
Your SSD should be a 125min-500GB drive for best operation.

The videos I’ve seen and forum posts I’ve read say you have to go to bios before you can install windows...? I can get a new ssd that’s fine but I’m supposed to just put my usb for Windows in and try to go straight to that?

There are indeed several ways to install Windows 10 be it an upgrade or a clean install.
Here is a link for a clean install: https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/ or follow the video you have seen.
You will need to access Bios to make a few changes if default does not have them turned on.

One is CSM (Compatibility support module) and you will need to change the hard disk mode to AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) if your installing to your SSD.

If cabling is OK and correct Sata port is chosen then your Bios will recognize your SSD.
You should not need to obtain a license as windows will work except for a few features.

Mar 22, 2020
Hello all,

This is probably going to be labeled as a complete noob problem/question because this is my first build ever. I can’t get past the “AE” or “0d” error codes on my Mobo. If I push nothing, I get AE but if I push delete like it says to get to Bios I get 0d. Please help, system info below.

Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
G.skill trident Z RGB
XFX Radeon VII

Not sure what else is needed. Thanks!
Did you ever solve this? Facing the same issue.