Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 Thunderbolt 3 Port not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfox39

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
I just installed a brand new Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1.0 with bios F3 MB running on a clean install of Windows 10 64-bit. It has a Thunderbolt 3 capable port. It does not seem to be functional. I have installed all the drivers I have seen available. The Thunderbolt driver only appears to install the Thunderbolt manager software. In my device manager, I see nothing regarding Thunderbolt. Under the Thunderbolt manager software, under details, it says Controller Driver Version: Unknown and Networking Driver Version: Unknown.

Not sure what else I could download to get this working.

tfox39

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017

I have not tried that yet. I wanted to resort to that last, but if it seems like there are no other good suggestions, I will give it a shot. Gigabyte tech support is taking forever to get back to me.

tfox39

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017

I just updated the BIOS as well as reinstalled what Gigabyte calls their "Thunderbolt Driver". I am still getting the same results. I mean, I should be seeing something in device manager referencing "Thunderbolt"...right? Is there not some other way to get this "Intel's own Thunderbolt controller" that they advertise on the Gigabyte MB page?

tfox39

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017

Okay, so new update. I reinstalled everything but was still getting controller driver unknown. I tried again plugging a Thunderbolt device in (it was actually TB 2 with a TB3 adapter) and it picked up my device and then a controller driver became displayed. This device was a display distribution box. My issue yesterday when I tried was with a Thunderbolt drive. I did not receive any recognition from the computer. I will not be able to try that until tonight, but I just wanted to see if you know if the Thunderbolt connection is Display only, or if it should work across storage devices as well. The description online is a little vague, but it made it sound like it should work with anything, and not just displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.