Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 USB problems

Nov 7, 2018
Hello friends!

So my problem has been around since day 1, i just havent had the time to deal with it.

Basically ALL USB 3.0 ports randomly dies for a few seconds and then starts working again. This can happen at any time, and with no specific interval... it can happen 5 minutes after eachother and sometimes never, it seems to happen more often when playing games though.
I have 1 USB 3.1 port on the back, and that is not affected, so it's only the 3.0 ports.

I've tried fiddling around with drivers and USB power settings, reinstalled windows, checked BIOS for any weird setting, but to no avail...

So now i'm asking the great people of Tom's hardware for help!

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS update? Since this issue only happens when gaming(or when system is taxed) I'm going to lean on the PSU but that's just an assumption until you provide your specs and answer to the questions.

Nov 7, 2018
CPU: Intel i7 8700k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz 2x8gb
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 evo m.2, Samsung 860 pro SSD
GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
PSU: Corsair RM750X 750w
Chassis: Phanteks Eclipse P400

@Lutfij
Yes i'm on the latest update, and i bought a new PSU the other day as i also suspected the old PSU but it did nothing. And it doesnt "only" happen when gaming, just more often.

@SgtScream
The other way around, It's the MB ports, i have never used the case ports so i can't tell if they die aswell.

Here is a list of what i've done myself recently to try fixing the issue:

Reset BIOS
Latest updates
Windows reinstallation
New PSU
Unchecked all USB power saving settings

Nov 7, 2018
@SgtScream
Yep, still had the problem.

Since the 3.1 port is still working when the 3.0 ports die, maybe i should just get a hub and only use that port...

I've tried googling for days but can't find a single post with the same problem i have, maybe my motherboard is simply broken from the box.

Jan 12, 2019
@w_w_p

same problem here. I bougth an z370 Aorus gaming 7 and sometimes ALL the USB "reboots". Usually happens when I'm playing, and not with all games... right now, I'm currently playing RiME (for example) and happened two times in 30 min aprox.

did you find any solution? maybe RMA to the vendor or Gigabyte?

TRENDING THREADS