[SOLVED] Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X with i7 9700K

Dec 8, 2021
Hey guys ,

Im i need of a new motherboard.
I have a i7 9700K , in my local store i could buy a Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X board.

My question is , does the Gigabyte Z390 support the i7 9700K from the box or do i need a bios update 1st , i dont have any other 8th or 9th gen intel cpu the flash it if thats needed to support the i7 9700K£.

I know i also have memory issues , i have a corsair set of 2x8 gb , CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Searched in the charts and the closest one i found was CMW32GX4M4C3200C16 that was supported .

I guess i also should check for new rams then?
Wont be able to xmp or even boot with my ram set?

Thx in advance for any advise!

Grtz Aiwacko

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to make sure of your processor's stepping number;
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-GAMING-X-rev-10/support#support-cpu
outside of that the board will accept the processor in question but you will need to make sure that the board has either BIOS version F4 or F7, depending on your processors stepping number.

If you're buying the board from the local store they could check the BIOS version for you prior to exchanging money from one hand to the other.

As for your ram question, you can source pretty much any DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kit on the market. QVL's are there to ensure that the kit worked at their factory prior to to launch. If the board had a QVL of all the ram...

Lutfij

Titan

outside of that the board will accept the processor in question but you will need to make sure that the board has either BIOS version F4 or F7, depending on your processors stepping number.

If you're buying the board from the local store they could check the BIOS version for you prior to exchanging money from one hand to the other.

As for your ram question, you can source pretty much any DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kit on the market. QVL's are there to ensure that the kit worked at their factory prior to to launch. If the board had a QVL of all the ram kits in the world, then the board wouldn't see release date.

Solution
Dec 8, 2021

As for your ram question, you can source pretty much any DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kit on the market. QVL's are there to ensure that the kit worked at their factory prior to to launch. If the board had a QVL of all the ram kits in the world, then the board wouldn't see release date.

Ok thank u , i will ask the local store to check wich bios version.
For the ram , maybe its worth to wait and check if it dont work i can buy a new set then
Thank u verry much , and thx for the welcome!