[SOLVED] Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus pro wifi and NVMe SSD

Agraf273

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
Hello, I recently build my second dual boot Hackintosh PC Windows 10/ Mojave. I wanted to ask if anyone had the same issue with this SSD WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD 250gb. Generally specking It is detected and working flawlessly in the front m.2 port of the motherboard (M2P) only!! It is not working in the back one (M2M). NOT detected in Bios at all! I'm running latest bios version F7. Unfortunately I haven't tested another NVMe to the back of the motherboard yet to make sure it is working. All hardware are brand new. Anyone, any idea??

Agraf273

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
If I remember well I did. It is not in Disk Management of Windows, I don't find it. Also checked firmware update with the WD's Dashboard, it is already up to date and working plug and play normal only in the M2P.

Edit: I want to use this NVMe for Mac OS not Windows. And it is not detected in Bios. You think If I check again Windows Disk management and format it there will be done?

Edit2: Also I contact Gigabyte eSupport and they said it is compatible issue probably, because it is not detected by both of the ports of this board. And it sounds strange because it is already working normal in M2P. It should work normal in the M2M as well, I think.

Edit3: I also have plugged in two more drivers. A Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD and a 500GB HDD via Sata. And the graphics card RX 570 PULSE miniITX.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019
Hi.

With the SSD installed in the M2M go to computer management and disk management. Look for the SSD, if you find it just set it online and give it format.
Hi, I recently posted a question regarding what the difference is between the M2M and M2A connectors on my Aorus z390 Elite. I tagged it under ‘Storage’. Can you please check it out. Thanks.

Nov 26, 2019
Could you please linke me the thread over here or in PM? To be honest, each minute the users create a lot of threads and I do not want to check the wrong one.

Agraf273

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
Hello,
Does the Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi motherboard support NVMe SSDs in the second M.2 port (M2M)????

The manual support says clearly both ports support PCIe and Sata. Any owner of this board please give a clear answer, Thanks.

Last edited:

Agraf273

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
Finally the M2M port of my motherboard is not compatible with my NVMe SSD and I dont know if it is a compatible issue. Or the board is not able to accept NVMe SSDs in the back at all. Anyone with same problem?

Agraf273

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
does it work with any m.2? could be the board issue
Maybe you haven't read my first post with details! The NVMe SSD is working normal ONLY in the front m.2 (M2P) it is not working at all in the second one (M2M). I though it is a board issue and I sent them back both SSD and motherboard to check it out. Finally they told me that the motherboard is not compatible to accept any NVMe SSD IN THE SECOND M.2 SLOT unfortunatelly. And I still have doupt about it. That's why I 'm asking and looking for someone that owns and really knows this specific Z390 board.

Agraf273

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
Board is checked and working normal, it is not faulty. But it works only with PCIe and SATA. Not at all with NVMe in the back m.2 slot. So, finally is it still an issue of my copy this motherboard?