Question Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX won't boot to Windows ?

Nov 29, 2022
Hi

My pc won't boot to windows. I have installed on z790 gaming x ax motherboard only 13600k and Kingston fury 32ram. And an Samsung 970evo 500gb. (no gpu yet)

When I boot with Windows installer USB (tried win10 and 11) I can select the drive and format everything, and install Windows but on reboot the computer loops to bios.

In bios (f2 version) I see boot sequence : "windows boot manager". Under m.2 I see "m2a: m.2 3.0x4 @3.0x4"

Under advanced mode I tried changing "windows features". And when I enable "csm support" I can change storage boot option to UEFI or legacy. And the other 2 settings I tried changing around as well. Everytime I change csm support to enable after next boot it is set to disable....

I tried plugging in my old sata ssd with Windows 10 pre installed from old computer. The bios shows it under sata. And I get extra windows boot manager in boot sequence. But it won't boot to Windows.

Hi

My pc won't boot to windows. I have installed on z790 gaming x ax motherboard only 13600k and Kingston fury 32ram. And an Samsung 970evo 500gb. (no gpu yet)

When I boot with Windows installer USB (tried win10 and 11) I can select the drive and format everything, and install Windows but on reboot the computer loops to bios.

In bios (f2 version) I see boot sequence : "windows boot manager". Under m.2 I see "m2a: m.2 3.0x4 @3.0x4"

Under advanced mode I tried changing "windows features". And when I enable "csm support" I can change storage boot option to UEFI or legacy. And the other 2 settings I tried changing around as well. Everytime I change csm support to enable after next boot it is set to disable....

I tried plugging in my old sata ssd with Windows 10 pre installed from old computer. The bios shows it under sata. And I get extra windows boot manager in boot sequence. But it won't boot to Windows.
Remove the second drive you plugged in, in bios set bios to uefi, set ram to xmp, generally autos to profile 1 if not set profile one should be good save settings reboot to bios boot to windows 10 USB installer. Install windows 10 if you still have issue after this it maybe just like the last guy I helped out and you ram and mobo aren't supported and to find thelat out need the ram sku