Gigabyte's VGA Cooling Resembles Car Radiator

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Studly007

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008
121 degrees C?? Dude ... the possibilities ...
Who wants some tri-tip? Just got me a new grill (poking at the meat laying on the radiator)

Not to mention the weight: 2 of these + Vertical Mobo = SNAP!! NOOOOO !!

G

Instead of air duster, I used leaf blower for my garden to blow the dust out of the case. This should only be attempted outside of the house. You'll be surprised how much dust will be out of you case with HUGE VOLUME of AIRS =)

YMMV...

Also a fine way of checking if any components are loose -- as they fly away across the garden !!

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Mlop maybe you shouldn't over think shit and you wouldn't have that problem. To me "resembles" is a far cry from "working" like a car radiator.

Now with that said while it does look cool. While I'm not a nvidia fan anyways I would never buy one made from gigabyte again. I like their mobos but I'd diffently gonna stay away from any cards they make.

hamstamps

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
That's a little crazy for a colling set up. You just have to wonder, how would it work in a Oil Cooled or a Water Cooled setup?

NotYetRated

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Problem easily solved with an air compressor. Just have to make sure to have the PSI turned down a notch. Have never had problems with sticking dust. Though, I keep my computer room ventilated with an air purifier and don't smoke. Those of you complaining about the caked on dust... it has to be smoke or like... grease from cooking. Normal dust wont "stick" enough to prevent air blow off.

As for the card, this thing is impressive. If it performs as noted then it is upgrade worthy. A couple of these in crossfire would do wonders, and help to keep the noise down.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Mitchell_Chou[/nom]Instead of air duster, I used leaf blower for my garden to blow the dust out of the case. This should only be attempted outside of the house. You'll be surprised how much dust will be out of you case with HUGE VOLUME of AIRS =)YMMV...[/citation]

I always use our 100psi compressed air system at work. Its awesome and the PC will look brand new.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
veyr nice looking I'd imagine other than the gaming market might do goo in a silet rig with a famless powersupply used as a quiet media center for blueray, dvr, internetrowsing and netflix/hulu

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]dEAne[/nom]This is quite great card. But the cooper will look nasty after years of use.[/citation]

I'm fairly certain they use 99.9% oxygen free copper...or something like that, basically it won't turn green.

rpmrush

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
A passively cooled cpu and gpu would be sweet and htpc with a large case with big 140mm fans and 200-230mm fans at extremely low rpm.

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
It's an interesting design for sure, but I want to know if it will end up on higher end cards. A passively cooled 5770 is one thing, but if this ends up on a 5870 or a 480 and they have to cover three PCI Express slot just to keep acceptable temperatures it won't be worth the drop in noise levels.

tech_crack

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
if it resembles car radiator thats awesome but it needs water or liquid to cool it up, if thats the case I wont dare risking my money

crossbow82

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Good thing I held off a little. Was going to buy two passive 5750s for a new quiet build, but this changes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.