Gigabyte's X79-UD3 With New F7 BIOS Sets X79 Records

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a load of crap. There are only two active cores and somehow this machine has 640MB of RAM running with huge latencies at almost 1200MHz. How can the RAM run at 1180MHz with a BLCK of 99MHz? I admit I don't have a sandy bridge machine but my memory multiplier doesn't go to six.

And seriously, this is an LGA 2011 machine with a radeon 5570?

This crap should have at least mentioned in the article. All of this gives me doubts about the authenticity of this article and really should have been noticed.

pat

Expert
Yeah.. now that you have the specs for the fastest desktop, just go ahead a buy those part so you'll have a fast and usefull computer. Because we all know that great benchmarking machine means great user experience on desktop. And with this machine, you don't have to ask, you know it will run Crisys...

[citation][nom]dinos22[/nom]To the guys commenting on 2 cores, have you seen hwbot testing full 6 cores with HT on with 3DMARK11 and wprime at 5.4 and 5.5Ghz with 1.6 and 1.68vcore!http://gigabytedaily.blogspot.com/ [...] d7-to.html[/citation]

The pictures in this article show only two active cores. Whether or not similar overclocks have been reached with all cores active is not the point nor is it what we complained about. We complained about only two cores being active in the overclocking attempt covered by this article and the article not mentioning the fact that not all cores were active.

By not telling us that not all cores are active anyone whom didn't check would probably think this overclocking attempt was done with all cores active, a false assumption. Sure it's not like its illegal but it is annoying and misleading for those whom didn't check.

Although I am grateful for the link it does not prove any of us wrong for complaining nor does it prove anyone else right.

Status
Not open for further replies.